Carabao Cup Thread - H draw v Spurs in next round Weds 31 Oct

Comments

• edited September 2018
    The 8-1 defeat of Newcastle, wasn't that voted by Grey till I Die, to be his favourite match of all time? ;whistle
  • so i was at the 10-0, the 8-1 and could have gone tonight but for illness
  • That's the game when Peter Beardsley played in goal...
  • and Alvin scored a hatrick vs 3 different keepers
  • edited September 2018
    Ooh, Watford equalise.

(Edit: it was a comedy Spurs OG, apparently)

Both teams playing with 10 men.
  • Alvin Martin's hattrick. He scored against three different keepers.
  • Spuds game looking like going to penalties, they were 1-0 down, penalty and red card made it 1-1, they then took the lead but the 10 men of Watford have just equalised.
  • That's the game when Peter Beardsley played in goal...

Was it? I'll ask grey. He'll know....

;sofa
  • MrsGrey said:

Cuz1 said:

Thort the drawer was sat on quest at nine o’clock

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/september2/quest-to-host-round-four-draw/

;ok
    The Carabao Cup people probably have a draw to find out what tv channel/website the actual draw will be shown on.
  • Spurs win on pens. Quina with a very weak pen for Watford.
  • Well that livened up a bit didn't it.
    I didn't realise Fredericks was on the field until he scored what was the best of the bunch.
    Well worth the tenner I paid for the ticket.
  • I'm not sure if I have made a mistake but there seems to be only 15 teams for the draw for the next round. ;hmm
  • We scored enough to win 2 games so we get a by to the next round
  • Well that was turn up, nice to discover what that net thing between the sticks was for, good solid professional performance and everyone wanted to show what they can do.

Bodes well for the future.........COYI
  • I'm not sure if I have made a mistake but there seems to be only 15 teams for the draw for the next round. ;hmm

Everton v Southampton next Tuesday. ;ok
  • edited September 2018
    Had a lovely view from Row 37 in Block 237, top tier east side by the halfway line.

We've played Macclesfield twice before, both time in cup competitions, both times we beat them, both times we got knocked out in the following round. Third time lucky.
  • Delighted. I don't care who it was against because this will do so much for our confidence, particularly regarding playing at the new stadium. Antonio needed a goal, Snodgrass finally opened his account & we had 3 academy graduates playing & one of them scored twice. I was at the 10-0 v Bury & the 8-1 v Newcastle but in some ways this means more. This is a new era at the new stadium & with a new manager & quite a few new players. To re-iterate what I said before, it doesn't matter who the opposition were because tonight was totally positive. Now, bring on those Mancs & COYI!!!!!!
  • Madrid, they are out of the cup. You will have to wait for the FA cup or next year for ManU ;whistle
  • Easy to get carried away against this sort of opposition but Diangana looks very exciting

Between him, Holland and Browne looks like we have a few exciting young attackers, let's hope they develop properly
  • Enjoyed last night well worth £15 great attitude by the team from the off and didn’t let up pleased for diagana he took his chances well . Just need a decent draw in the next round , we will probably get Chelsea away knowing our luck
  • edited September 2018
    Regardless of the side, how many times have we played a lower league side & struggled to get going? How many times have we made changes which look good on paper but the side doesn’t quite gel?

That was an emphatic & ruthless victory. Took half hour to get going but that final hour we saw a new West Ham with some of that ruthlessness & hunger from players to have an impact regardless of the opposition & I think once we went 2-0 up in a short space of time, there seemed to be a genuine feel that the side wanted a cricket score. Harsh on Macclesfield. But impressed with those lads who went out there.

Last few games has now seen us lose 1, win 3 & draw 1. The side will be buzzing for Saturday & I just hope we really go at Man Utd from the off because, although they are still an excellent side, they are not to be feared.
  • Just watched the highlights.

Powell's first-time pass for the 8th (eighth) was a bit good.

Academy looking in decent shape at the moment. Hopefully we'll get a favourable draw so they get another chance.
  • 8-0 ;lol ;clap ;scarf
  • I saw the highlights this morning. Grady Diangana has loads of legs, and Declan Rice has a very effective contract negotiation technique.
  • The 8-1 defeat of Newcastle, wasn't that voted by Grey till I Die, to be his favourite match of all time? ;whistle

;biggrin
  • Just watched the goals. How on earth did Antonio score that first goal? He was behind a wall of defenders and he still gets his head on the ball! Talk about terrible defending.

And while we are talking about defenders, that goal by Ogbonna was a typical lucky defender goal. He just tries to head it in the general direction and gets lucky ;wink
  • edited September 2018

How on earth did Antonio score that first goal?

Macclesfield are currently bottom of League Two, P9 W0 D2 L7 GF7 GA18

That's how.
This discussion has been closed.