The Moyes Ex-club Club; Part Two. everton (H) Sun 13th May 2018 3pm ko

Comments

• Unless we are bringing Burke and Oxford into the first team i dont see the point of getting rid of ginge. Unless we are signing 2 more CBs.

• I don't normally mind a Sam, but I don't know about this:
    It is disappointing to lose the game when the chances we missed were better than the chances they scored with. But then you have to credit Adrian for being absolutely outstanding with three top-class saves.
    Think maybe he'd been on the red before the interview...
  • Well that’s total cods-wallop Sam. ;doh
  • I'm surprised he didn't add Adrian, the keeper I signed for West Ham.
  • bfs the man ain't got no culture.
  • edited May 2018
    Well credit where it is due, I really enjoyed that game, we showed plenty of movement and played some decent stuff.

Pretty much everyone played their part so kudos to all, Arnie is such a handful, Lanzini and Mario linked up with Arnie well and I thought that Nobes and Koyoute had great games as well.

Adrian was class and I have to say that Zabaleta’s professionalism is awe inspiring.

Not a great season but really nice to end it on such a good note with an overall positive team performance, well done to all

COYI
  • edited May 2018
    Greatly enjoyed by all. We played with confidence throughout the team and there was some great passing football being played out there today.
    Thank God this season is finished!
    I really hope we give Ginge a yearly contract as he is a terrific defender to have in hand for emergencies and he knows the club. I can't think he would be costly to employ and I imagine he would want to stay so make him an offer please.
  • I really enjoyed today good game played some nice stuff ginge got a nice send off
  • Arnie will get all the accolades for this season and Rice too but one of the most consistent performers has to be Zabaleta. Most people thought he was past it but he has been a real asset. Gives 110% every game.
  • Zaba has been phenomenal. He’s a real perfect example of a pro
  • Aside from the managerial question, I think as a club we need to focus on the most important thing, which is that I did 3-1 with Lanzini first goal scorer coyi

What are the German lottery numbers for next Sat? Pick 6 numbers from 1-49, please ;wink ;clap
  • Racing into their box to support Arnie in the 92nd minute, even though, apparently, he can't do that anymore...
  • edited May 2018
    Really don't get the Zaba love, has cost us a lot of points, got completely skinned even today against a poor Everton side, and, in general, has offered little going forward. He might be professional, but he's been a weak link this season imo. Yes, he did get into the box, and missed the chance. Definitely need to upgrade him for next season.
  • We’ve clearly been watching two different Zabaleta’s Buffy because I don’t recognise the one you are taking about.
  • Zabaleta has been a model professional, kept himself fit and played more than any other player in the squad - considering this is West Ham that in itself is quite an achievement

However he is 33 years old with his best years past him - the mere fact that a player like this has played more than any other tells you all you need to know about the direction the owners have taken this club
  • Think Zabas been one of the highlights of the season.

;lol I think that tells you all you need to know about this season.
  • ;quaver Sign him up, sign him up, ginger Pelé ;quaver
  • I am confused about not signing Ginger on another year deal.
    Why not?
    I understand there are other players around who might be ahead of him but like Zab, he will always give a 100%
    I also reckon he probably is one of the most popular players in the squad as well as among fans , like we keep on hearing about Evra , what a good guy to have in the squad etc, well we have our own player for that in Collins.
    Just give him a year deal, simple for me.
  • edited May 2018
    3F3A11E4-B55C-40C4-8E4B-ABAFDCF2A393

;lol
  • ;clap
  • edited May 2018
    Hope, perhaps?

1E035F3C-22E0-4C4C-A788-30418E4D948D
  • That was the first time I've ever seen a player get a standing ovation for some 30 seconds or more prior to coming ON as a sub.

Fully deserved. ;clap
  • He was cheered every time he warmed up.

• It was a tear jerker
  • Iron herb, to be fair, you do see that when the player is a legend, I recall such an occasion at West Ham when Tony Cottee came on as sub.......for Leicester!!

If I recall correctly, we were three or four to the good when he came on and of course he scored a couple in double quick time to make it a nail biter at the end.

To be fair he did not celebrate ether goal

COYI
  • chicago, this was prior to him coming onto the pitch.
  • Chicago - last game of the season 1997/98, we were 2-0 up by half time, TC came on about ten minutes into the second half and scored on the hour. From 2-1 it went to 3-1, 3-2, 4-2 and ended 4-3. But then we did have Bernard Lama in goal who was worth two goals to the other team
  • edited May 2018
    That’s the one, I do recall TC getting a brace and it being a nail biter. Just looked it up and TC got his second (Leicester’s third) in the 83rd minute.

;ok
  • IronHerb said:

chicago, this was prior to him coming onto the pitch.

We might see of this going forward as it can easily take 30secs for a sub to get to the pitch at the LS.

;sofa
  • I nearly added that to my post but thought better of it. ;lol
This discussion has been closed.