Lookman! Don’t Ayew Rooney perfectly Goodison Wednesday evening (A Everton 29.11.17 Match Thread)

Comments

• With such a difficult run of games coming up and the fact that they are in quick succession... it is important for us to have a fully fit squad. Might be worth leaving Antonio on the bench and not to rush him back (especially with Arnie doing well so should keep his place).

I think same team again. Only thing/things Bilic may want to change is bench Carroll and Obiang as they were our weakest players against Leicester. If that's the case - Noble and Sakho/Ayew to come in and replace those 2.

• I think same team again. Only thing/things Bilic may want to change is bench Carroll and Obiang as they were our weakest players against Leicester. If that's the case - Noble and Sakho/Ayew to come in and replace those 2.

I also miss Slav , but it's time to let go ;hug ;wink
  • Who is going to break the news to welovethehammers? ;whistle

• What ? Why ? Wassap .............. what's happened to Slav ;whistle
  • Moyes has already said that Chicharito, Collins and Antonio will not be in the squad as they are not fit.
  • What's Moyes got to do with it?

;wink
  • MrsGrey said:

Who is going to break the news to welovethehammers? ;whistle

Oh dear ;doh ;doh. I blame it being Monday ;lol
  • Merson has us down for a defeat again Lawro a win ;hmm
  • I make it before the half way stage on boxing day. We will have played only 8 league home games in our first 19 games.

Meaning we have 11/19 games at home in the second half of the season. That could turn into a right mess if results don't pick up going into the latter stages of the season.
  • Merson has us down for a defeat again Lawro a win ;hmm

Lawro predicted 1-1 v Leicester and has been disturbingly accurate this season.

We're going to win because...

a) I'm working so won't be able to watch the TV

b) Twinny the Toffee will be down the pub and every time he's watched Everton this season they've lost. Ditto the Orient games he's been to, the Os fans have asked him to stay away from Brisbane Road
  • Yeold,

I think you will find Newcastle on 23rd December is our 19th game of the season and the 9th at home.
  • Collins substituted on 24 mins injured for the u23s v Wycombe hope it’s precautionary
  • Maybe somebody realised he isn’t under 23.
  • Must win game tonight with the fixtures we have coming up
  • Must? MUST??? and if the Hammers lose, what then - jump off a cliff? A tad extreme, IMO, Twist. I'll settle for brilliant if we win, long hard slog if we lose.
  • Everton's defensive problems would suggest that they are more scared of facing pace and skill than old fashioned strong centre forward play. I think they would be happier taking on Carroll than Sakho.
    They are a wounded beast and should be attacked from the off. I am sure Moyes' selection will be more defensive but why not try -
    Hart
    Zabeletta Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Obiang
    Arnautovic Lanzini Masuaku
    Sakho Ayew
  • puddleglum

Their CBs were all over the place v Soton, and left Austin free for 2 headed goals. Think AC would fancy his chances.

• Sakho is good in the air too, maybe not as good as Carroll, but his mobility and sharpness are why he shades it for me.
  • Either way, if Carroll starts and it's not working up top we should sub him early imo (even if it's half time). If Sakho or any other attackers starts, the same principle should apply - if it's not working change the tactics early and take off the player.
  • edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
    Should that not say no Ayew ;hmm the art of edit!!
    Ok so no Carroll..
  • Carroll has been dropped; replaced by Ayew.
  • Ayew starts

Carroll not in squad
  • Excusee me I don't seem to have posted the image team sheet from the OS as intended ;whistle ;hmm

Carroll starts, Sakho on bench and Noble still benched. Masuaku goes again.
  • West Ham
    25Hart
    5Zabaleta
    2Reid
    21Ogbonna
    3Cresswell
    8Kouyaté
    14Obiang
    7Arnautovic
    10Lanzini
    26Masuaku
    20A Ayew

Substitutes
    13Adrián
    15Sakho
    16Noble
    29Martínez
    30Antonio
    31Fernandes
    41Rice
  • ;puzzled been away for couple of weeks .but saw the games ,wheres carroll still ;puzzled .if carroll is out then sakho had to start
  • Carroll has an "as yet unspecified injury" according to the OS
  • Has he now.....
This discussion has been closed.