Joe Hart -(was 'signs - official' - we haven't signed him permanently.)

Comments

• Zab schooling Hart.... ;footie "welcome to west ham my friend"

Zaba ;bowdown
  • Will wear 25, apparently.
  • The number he's always worn at Man City
  • The number of league goals we will concede this season with him In goal
  • The number he's always worn at Man City

Apart from the season's he wore No1
  • Maybe he and Adrian have been told they'll have to fight for the no. 1 shirt?

Well, Adrian's thrown down the gauntlet already (against Everton).

So it's gloves off now.
  • Perhaps they had a Hart to Hart over a San Miguel. ;yercoat
  • Hart chose the number 25 shirt and if you read what Randolph said you'd know that they were told that Hart is first choice keeper this season which is why he left.
  • edited July 2017
    Thanks for the cold hard facts, thorn.

As usual, a failure to resist puns was the main reason for my comment. However, it did also pass through my mind that it was faintly feasible that after the sensitivity Adrian showed to lil Dave's comments, Bilic/the club/Hart felt it would be rubbing salt in Adrian's wounds, and making his departure more inevitable, if the newcomer picked up the no. 1 shirt. I'm not suggesting there's a change of plan and Hart is no longer the no. 1. I'm just suggesting possibly there was some sensitive (clever, I would say) man management. But of course Hart might just have wanted no. 25.
  • Hart interviewed on SSN says he will be out on loan again next year but really would like a permanent deal.
  • I said in another thread how I thought there was possibly some good interpersonal skills on the part of Joe Hart or management skills on the part of Bilic in the decision for Hart not to take the No. 1 shirt, particularly after the twitter spat (I was going to abbreviate this into a new word, but it already existed) between Sulliedvan and Adrian.

For me, this new quote from Hart suggests this was indeed part of the thinking:

“I didn’t feel it was right to take the No1 shirt; I’m currently on loan at West Ham, and I’ve enjoyed a lot of good times in the No25 shirt”.

Article: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/13/joe-hart-i-want-to-be-an-england-goalkeeper-playing-for-west-ham/

Good on him for being sensitive to the situation - and here's hoping for a lot of hard decisions for Slav about which keeper to play - for good reasons.
  • Sounds like a good bloke.
  • Interesting take on Hart and the WC here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43913489

When I saw the headline

World Cup 2018: Why England must take Joe Hart to Russia

I didn't know whether to laugh or rant, but essentially, she argues that since Pickford and Butland will be 1 & 2, either Pope or Hart will be 3rd choice, and that Hart would be better in that (essentially non-playing) role.
  • Freaked a bit when I saw the title reappear....

Thought it meant we had made it official ;doh
  • Yeah. me too, but ;phew
  • Sorry about that!

Hadn't thought of the possible impact.

Title changed now.
  • West Ham United - the graveyard for aspiring England internationals
  • Sky sports reporting joe hart in the mirror is furious believing Moyes cost him is World Cup place, don’t remember Moyes playing in goal for us this season so believe it’s actually his own fault, pep obviously saw something way before us
  • If that report really reflects Hart's views I am very disappointed.
  • Maybe he should have looked at the video of his Stoke howler before opening his mouth
  • I think Hart is much more professional than that. I'd be very surprised if he's said anything like that (even if he thinks it). There are no direct quotes from him in the Mirror article so I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was another piece of sensationalist journalism.
  • And to fuel the conspiracies, I believe it was Sully, as part of his anti-Moyes agenda, that told the Mirror that Hart had told him that ;whistle
  • Has there ever been a more dramatic decline in a player that didn't involve drink or drugs..

He was PL winning 3 times England tournament Number 1.

Do you think it's all between the ears?
  • He too often looked like he had " head and shoulders " in his eyes ;run
  • I haven’t seen one quote from joe hart blaming Moyes.....

Let’s keep it factual people

;wink

;wink

It's a fact that it has been reported, and the sources were given.

If you want to stick to only discussing things which have been directly quoted, as opposed to what you have heard, you are, of course free to do so.

;wink

It's a fact that it has been reported, and the sources were given.

If you want to stick to only discussing things which have been directly quoted, as opposed to what you have heard, you are, of course free to do so.
    I can’t work out if you’re having a laugh here?

;hmm
This discussion has been closed.