Site upgraded - mobile should now work as before (update 17:30 UK 20-2)

2»

Comments

• The iPhone glitches only appear when it is in mobile mode, if I have it on 'full site' all the functions work.
  • Suze

Yes, there are different theme files for the mobile site, and obviously something doesn't work with the new Vanilla version.
  • edited February 2017
    Thank you.

I shall keep it on Full Site until I am instructed otherwise ;ok

• edited February 2017

I've updated some files.

For mobile users, the cog edit wheel function should now work.

The Hamburger menu now works, but the categories aren't showing. I'll work on that later.

Can some mobile users confirm it works for them?
  • The edit and delete options show up on android, well at least they do on mine ;biggrin
  • Hamburger menu not working on my android phone.

Using Chrome version 55.0.2883.91
    Andriod version 6.0.1
  • edited February 2017
    Let's see if I can edit this post..
    ( using iPhone )....
    Sorted!...
  • Moojor

Can you try clearing the cache?
  • That's working now. Didn't clear my cache back far enough first time.
  • I think I've sorted the categories issue.

You may need to clear your cache again, but after that, the mobile version of the site should be back to how it was before.
  • Can you try clearing the cache?

Sounds like a job for Mrs E, clearing the cash ................... usually mine ;weep
  • My powers on the mobile site have been returned ;wahoo

Thanks Grey.
  • ;wahoo

Sorry for the delay.
  • Well done, chuck. You can take the propeller off your head now.

Join me in the living room for the FA Cup game, and I'll pour you a ;beer
  • Huzzah!

;wahoo

;beer ;beer ;beer
  • ;wahoo

Sorry for the delay.

No worries, you do such a bang up job for us ;beer
  • The drop-down menu isn't working on mobile for me (top-right hand corner) so I have to log-in by going into a thread and going to the bottom (both Safari and Chrome).

Also, the buttons on the text box for posting images etc. don't work on Safari on my laptop but do on other browsers.
  • Outcast

Have I got this right:

You can click on the Hamburger menu to bring out the side menu, but then the cog doesn't work.

Have you cleared the cache for the browsers?

The drop down relies on java script. Have you got java script blocked in the browsers?
  • The menu is there but nothing happens when I click it. The menu doesn't come out.

I don't think I have java script blocked because I haven't changed any settings on my phone - it just suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago.
  • Have you cleared the cache for your browser?

The Hamburger menu wasn't working after the upgrade, but I fixed it a couple of days later.

While you are having trouble, there is a link from the front page of the forum to 'Full Site' (at bottom of screen) to save you having to go into a thread.
  • Yes, cleared cache on the browser and it's still not working. I hadn't actually used Chrome on my phone before either so I guess there wouldn't have been anything stored in the cache anyway.

I prefer the mobile version and it's not a big problem now I've worked out how to log-in but I don't know if others have the same issue. I'm on iOS.
  • I haven't had any issues reported since I fixed it.

Anyone else on iOS having issues?
  • Yes, same problem as outcast , using iPhone ..
  • Same for me and yes cleared the cache first.

originally had all the other stuff mentioned with the "B's" that was all resolved but the Hamburger menu does nothing, all other icons at the top work as they should.

Noticed that can't get a response when trying to post a picture on the iPhone either, have to go to the FULL site mode then it works

;ok
  • Noticed that can't get a response when trying to post a picture on the iPhone either, have to go to the FULL site mode then it works.

This happens to me too.