West Ham UNITED vs City's Stars - Wed 1st Feb KO 19:45 London Stadium Fortress

14567810»

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Yes, but it might improve overall fitness if they had to do about half a mile from the changing room to the touchline..... ;ok
  • Twist. The far side would be closer. ;lol
  • Well the technical area is like 20 foot
  • I thought I read on this forum that the pitch is only marginally (1-1½metres) bigger
  • I think the pitch looks massive as the advertising boards are so far back its only marginally bigger than the Boleyn pitch
  • edited February 2017
    My mistake:
    This from the OS:
    At the Boleyn Ground, the pitch was 100.5 x 68m as ground staff could not make the standard length due to the confines of the Stadium.
    London Stadium: 105 x 68m.
  • edited February 2017
    We've been through this several times and it's not an excuse. This was on the official club site in response to people continually saying our pitch is too big.

"The pitch at London Stadium is the standard size required by Premier League and UEFA Rules, 105 x 68m.

At the Boleyn Ground, the pitch was 100.5 x 68m as ground staff could not make the standard length due to the confines of the stadium."

• I personally think that the goal which randy defends is generally bigger than the one the opposition keeper defends and that is why we are letting in so many goals.
  • Keep an eye open at half time because they must swap them over because it's always our goal that's bigger.
  • edited February 2017
    I could understand it making a difference if it was 4½metres wider, but not if it's longer.
  • edited February 2017
    NE
    Please try to stay on topic..............
  • The BBC said whilst commentating on our match on Wednesday night that we are now 5 m longer and 4 m wider than the Boleyn and to them that was a major factor as to why we can't close teams down like we used to.
  • They're wrong then. I'm sure the club knows the pitch sizes.
  • The BBC said whilst commentating on our match on Wednesday night that we are now 5 m longer and 4 m wider than the Boleyn and to them that was a major factor as to why we can't close teams down like we used to.

Thats what I heard CT - hence my original post.............
  • I think it was Glenn Hoddle who made the same point before the Man City game - he said if he were Bilic (maybe he will be in his next life) he would narrow the pitch, as this big pitch didn't suit his team. Then I think the co-commentator said something about the distance of the crowd from the pitch. But could 4.5m make all that much difference? And, given what was stated on the OS about the Boleyn, would we even be allowed to narrow it by the FA since we clearly are not compelled to by physical constraints?

Maybe we need to move the seating closer to the pitch and then make a case for narrowing the pitch - a win, win!
  • Or just sign better players who can play on a bigger pitch
  • We wouldn't be able to narrow the pitch. There are standard measurements as designated by the PL and EUFA and that is 105M x 68M. Some pitches such as the Boleyn was shorter because of the ground constraints.
    Some clubs are having to increase their pitch size but you cannot now go below the standard.
    I went on the Chelsea stadium tour with my grandson 2 weeks ago and the tour guide told us that Chelsea are having to increase their pitch size to the standard. They're hoping to get if delayed until the new stadium is finished.
  • Glen Hoddle? ;hmm
  • Didn't Hoddle say our players were paying for their sins at previous clubs ;run
  • The funny thing is, he does actually seem to talk a lot of sense when he sticks to football. Much more than almost all the other pundits/ex-pro co-commentators.
  • edited February 2017
    bazWHUusa said:

Didn't Hoddle say our players were paying for their sins at previous clubs ;run

I think he said that taxpayers were paying for our way out of our previous ground. ;yercoat
This discussion has been closed.