Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• Moyes said a couple of weeks ago that he's never been at a club that picks up as many injuries as West Ham.
  • Well, some used to blame Chadwell Heath for our injuries. We don't have that excuse anymore.

We've also recruited one of the games most respected medical men in Gary Lewin, and that hasn't seemed to change anything.

Maybe it's just bad luck. Or maybe it's just perception.

But it certanly seems that we are without more of our key first team players a lot of the time than most other teams.
  • Watford currently have more injuries than us.
  • MrsGrey said:

Watford currently have more injuries than us.

Agree. However it does seem as if we are always in the bottom three for injuries and the teams below us rotate. We seem to be the constant.

I'm sure its just because we think we are a lot more unlucky than we actually are.
  • I think we are very unlucky.

I don’t care how the other clubs are faring.
  • edited January 2018
    2016/17

Highest number on 'longer term' injuries.

Sunderland worst on plain old number of injuries.
  • edited January 2018
    2016/17

3rd, behind Sunderland and Hill. (Moyes has a short memory.)
  • edited January 2018
    We don't make the most injured player Top 10.

...or the most frequently injured Top 5.

• MrsGrey said:

Watford currently have more injuries than us.

To key players though? We're currently without Reid, Carroll, Antonio, Arnautovic, Lanzini and Sakho, arguably all starters.

I'm sure fans of every club think their teams are suffering more than any other, but it certanly feels like we lose a number of our big hitters quite a lot, and often at the same time.
  • Stats ;wahoo

I wonder if they have an archive of past seasons? ;hmm ;run
  • I think we are very unlucky.

I don’t care how the other clubs are faring.

suz ;ok

I was responding to claims that our club has more 'bad luck' than others, and subsequent attempts to suggest the cause.
  • How is Andy Carroll not on that list ;lol
  • edited January 2018
    MrsGrey said:

Stats ;wahoo

I wonder if they have an archive of past seasons? ;hmm ;run

Look, they do https://www.physioroom.com/research/index.php

Wouldn't it by funny* if our injuries had worsened since the move to the new training ground.

*not funny ha ha

• To key players though? We're currently without Reid, Carroll, Antonio, Arnautovic, Lanzini and Sakho, arguably all starters.

I dunno. You'd have to define a club's 'key players' (good luck with that ;biggrin ) and look through the lists.
  • Problem is the squad is so small that people like Lanzini and Arnie have played games recently they could’ve done with being rested in. That’s what happens when you have a 21 man squad. 2/3 injuries mean players who you might want to rest over Xmas/Jan then have to play and start tightening and fatiguing muscles which then only take a bit more and just go (like Lanzini for 120 mins in the cup) and Arnie when he came on and had to play extra time.
  • There’e a reason you get allocated 25 squad places. You’re gonna need them.
  • edited January 2018
    Lukerz ;ok Lanzini's injury was always going to happen. In fact, I'm sure someone called it on here before the game ;hmm

Depth squad has often been a problem for us. Last season we had the numbers, but not the quality. This time round we seem to have neither.
  • The one we let go that we definitely should have kept hold of is Feghouli. When I first saw him I thought he was hopeless but he improved over his short stay here and more importantly had a bit of pace about him and seemed to put the effort in. It looked like it meant something to him. In an ideal World he was never going to be good enough or take us to this next level, but we could certainly do with him now.
  • How is Andy Carroll not on that list ;lol

They don't count him as he has an annual season ticket.
  • You're welcome.
  • Reckon we could play Masuaku up front ?
  • Reckon we could play Masuaku up front ?

Maybe but then it'll never reach him because he's the only player left to drive forward.
  • With no Arnie and Lanzini we are going to see some pretty dire hoof ball.
  • Hernandez will thrive on that.
  • edited January 2018
    A bunch of stuff that's not 'injury news' but more about transfers needed has been moved to the Transfers thread (in case you were wondering what happened to your post.)
  • Well he's only got to get them to be able to reach their coffee cups from the physio table by themselves and he's had a result. ;weep
  • Hernandez will thrive on that.

Ogbonna long ball to Kouyate who could play as a target man up front, who then flicks it on to Hernandez to knock it in.
  • I’m not digging the club out but we may have a new training ground but it’s one of the cheapest in the league at 5 million
    A very underfunded important part of the club
  • I imagine that finding a training ground in the very congested East London/South Essex area, so not too far for the players to travel each day, is very hard. Leaving the cost aside, to find somewhere with enough acres (not sure how many), the right planning use, good access and security, must be very difficult, if not almost impossible.