The Mark Noble Thread

Comments

• I think he is unlikely to command a nailed on starting position in a full strength side, but I certainly don't think he should be going anywhere. I want him in and around the squad, and, actually, if he started the season as first choice CM I wouldn't complain.

(I love him)
  • That 'expert' opinion from Charlie Nicholas is rubbish.
  • Personally I think he is a good player to have in the squad abit like Ginge , I think he may not be a nailed on starter all season would like to see Fernandes/Obinag gradually replace him and that might mean a new captain maybe the season after
  • Let's not get carried away with Fernandes. Last week he was slated as appalling v Liverpool. He was good yesterday but let's not go overboard.
  • Who's getting carried away? Last week everyone was appalling.
  • edited May 2017
    Not on here.

I've just seen a lot of people now talking like he's a genuine key for next season player based on yesterday where he was admittedly very good.

Nobes for me still stays first choice CM until his form is poor enough for him to lose it.
  • edited May 2017
    Lukerz

I can't say I've seen much suggestion that he would be a 'key' player. He had a good game yesterday, and it is very good, imo, that a young player bought in 'for the future' has shown himself good enough to force his way into the match day squad and team.

For me, everyone starts equal in pre-season, and then tries to 'force' the manager's hand by how they train and play.
  • Fernandes in my opinion has shown versatility. He can play wingback/right wing and central midfield. I see him as an option instead of Kouyate, Obiang and Noble in central midfield and a possible deputy for Byram, Antonio or Feghouli or even Snodgrass on the right.

A very good squad player to have in the side who will get better with more games.
  • Noble's now up to 457 West Ham appearances, 11th highest in club history. 10 behind 10th place Jim Barrett, before a bit of a climb to Geoff Hurst in 9th on 502 appearances ;clap
  • Despite criticism from fans, successive managers select him consistently. He does the hard yards, and the unspectacular work for our team. His tackling and passing are underrated imo. His loyalty and genuine commitment to the club are rare in today’s game. If he is in the side I always feel it improves our chance of a win.

;bowdown
  • Despite criticism from fans, successive managers select him consistently. He does the hard yards, and the unspectacular work for our team. His tackling and passing are underrated imo. His loyalty and genuine commitment to the club are rare in today’s game. If he is in the side I always feel it improves our chance of a win.

I love Mark Noble

;bowdown

Fixed it for you
  • Definately believe he looks much better in a midfield 3, especially when the 3rd spot is taken by Snodgrass

Snodgrass offers a lot of energy and covers a lot of ground so allows Noble to keep his position more

He is 32 this summer though, and while I love him I cant help but think if you look at areas where we should add real investment, I'd say an adequate partner for Rice at CM is a top priority
  • I know I can't prove he doesn't but I haven't seen much evidence of him when we are in a hole of him getting hold of the players and the game generally and addressing the situation like a Bondso or Dicksy would. In the Wimbledon match and he just seemed to watch the mess unfolding around him. It's just my opinion. ;ok
  • He made a big difference when he came on against Brighton.

We were 2-0 and he was roaring at everybody when he ran on. Then he played a worldy pass for Arnie to score.
  • ;ok It can be difficult to see on TV as you are at the mercy of the director.
  • Geezer is a hero. Will be a sad day when he finally hangs up his boots.
  • I couldn't possibly criticise his football at present as he is putting in a shift players ten years younger would be proud of at present.

The issue I have is that he could of been sent off in the last two matches, against Villa if that had been judged a dive, and many lesser cases have been, then he was off and this week his raised studs flying into the leg of the Man U player would likely of been a straight Red in perhaps half of matches.

It's also that when he makes these challenges its very often at times when it's just not necessary. This was the case yesterday, were that challenge made to prevent a player a through on goal situation you can say well it was rash and mistimed but he had to try and make that, but as so often wasn't necessary. I sometimes feel he doesn't feel he has played if he hasn't at least picked up a yellow.

From a football perspective rather than discipline however he clearly brings something unique as the stats reveal, we are more effective with him in the team. He is also a great captain and penalty taker. two things all teams need.
  • I rather like Mark Noble.
    He’s like Roy of the Rovers, only not got an England cap or won so many trophies. But Mark is real, which makes him better.
  • Noble just made Garth Crooks team of the week

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49788690
  • Comment from the Guardian article:

"I think Noble plays best when he has good players around him. He has a good eye for a pass, and he can steady the game when necessary too. As longas there are others covering and others making runs, Noble is in his element.
    In a struggling side, he's not quite as effective - he doesn't have the speed or presence to stamp his authority on a game, and turn a game, in the way that, say, Scott Parker, or Billy Bonds could."

Can't disagree with that, so the credit goes to Pelle (plus Sully & Gold for backing him) for getting these better players in.
    Noble definitely is playing the best I have ever seen.
  • Since rice has been playing nobles play has improved a lot
  • I think they copied that paragraph from one of my earlier posts. :biggrin:
  • Since rice has been playing nobles play has improved a lot

Similarly, since Noble has been playing Rice has been playing better too
  • I get feeds from the West Ham FB page, often looking back at past victories. It is noticeable how often Marky Mark is involved in the build up.
  • Hands up who said before the start of the season that Noble would find it hard to get into the team .Guess he proved a lot of us wrong ,Would be great to win one of the cups so we could see him lift it, for his service to the team he deserves that :clap:
  • steve said:

Hands up who said before the start of the season that Noble would find it hard to get into the team .Guess he proved a lot of us wrong ,Would be great to win one of the cups so we could see him lift it, for his service to the team he deserves that :clap:

That would be great,,, for us , the history,,, and one of the best days in mark’s playing career.
  • West Ham FB posted up the goals from the Spurs 0-3 game a few years ago (on this day) when Rav scored his wonder solo goal. This is Marky with the pass for the 2nd - simply class.

• No sign of that yesterday unfortunately.