Declan Rice - Signs 5 1/2 year deal (or does he...)

1101112131416»

Comments

• I think he'll be gone in the summer
  • Pelle simply stating what is always the case:

IF there is a big enough price offered to a club

AND the player involved wants to move there

deal get done.

Much rather he did that than give some old waffle.

Anyway, not sure what people are worried about.

There's no question of Deccers' loyalty... :whistle: :weep:
  • edited March 2019
    What a ridiculous thing to say from Pellegrini, doesn’t matter if he is saying the truth, it is just completely negative to state that publicly.
  • edited March 2019
    Lukerz

Really? Why?

He was asked a question; he gave what we all know to be the truthful answer.

What would the use have been if he had lied?

Seems to me, his point was to make sure 'big clubs' know that he won't be going on the cheap, if they make a move for him, AND Deccers make it clear he wants the move.
  • edited March 2019
    He can say what he likes, but then don’t start saying he wants us to create a big club mentality at the same time.

It’s an unnecessary comment. We aren’t idiots, we know a big offer from a big club will likely see him gone.

Just not a necessary comment.

What he should have said is what most managers do; “Declan is not for sale, he is an integral part of our project & the winning culture we are trying to breed.”

End of discussion. It really isn’t hard.
  • But it wouldn't be end of discussion.

It would come up constantly.

If he'd said

“Declan is not for sale, he is an integral part of our project & the winning culture we are trying to breed.”

we'd all have known that the subtext was, 'unless a big club comes in with a big offer', so why bother pretending?

Pretending that isn't the case would be treating us like we were stupid, imo.
  • edited March 2019
    I sort of agree with Luke here, he should not have said that, even tho we all the know the reality of money talks, but he could have said he's loving his playing time at West Ham , has just sidned a lenghty new contract and at the moment he's a West Ham player and happy at being that...If he wanted to add what he said, he could have said that it depends on what the owners want to do..
    Pelle, IMO rather keep ur mouth shut...
  • jay

But then he's just spouting the same hot air other managers do. Since we all know it is true, I honestly fail to see why you think there is anything wrong in him actually telling the truth.
  • When managers say the same old guff that we all know isn’t true it just annoys us all. He’s not said like he’s for sale, just that there’s a price.
  • But Grey, IMO there was no point bringing it up ( what he said ) he could have opted just to say he with us and happy, end of.
  • Presumably he was asked a direct question. And answered honestly. We all, including journos, know the truth. Whatever form words he used in his reply. Bit of a storm in a teacup imo.
  • I would rather a starting position of reluctance in any negotiation..

You generally get a better price.
  • the price is right £300m works for me
  • Some good comments from Moyes on Declan:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56314529

My favourite line: 'I have watched the prices of some players who have gone to clubs recently and they could not lace Declan Rice's boots'

Good stuff.
  • I saw this and thought he'd signed another new deal
  • That was cruel! Can a mod change that to just Declan Rice?
  • Fixed it