West Ham v Bournemouth - Sat 18th August 3pm Match Thread

Comments

• Stadium, dm, owners etc blah. Reality is other teams put in a shift, and we don’t. Moyes to save us in January.
  • Terrible
  • What a poor poor second half. Lots of work to do Mr Pellegrini. And 6 yellow cards.
  • I've been a fan for 40 years but now I've had enough. It wouldn't matter if we spent 500 million and had Guardiola as manager, we would still find a way to stuff it up.
  • Fed up with week in week out players talking about how hard they’re working on eliminating mistakes and how they’ll be really up for the next game. Come the next game and they don’t look as if they’ve been working on anything.
    Midfield and defence currently looking not fit for purpose.
  • Lukerz said:

Terrible

I blame your girlfriend
  • We've had problems with a slow, porous midfield for the best part of 3 years. Obviously the fans are the only people who can see it.
  • 1-1

Shocking defending, past Rocky, then past Zabs, then through Fabs legs as Ogbonna is too slow to get the block in. (Noble just jogging back when he picked up the ball initially)

In actual fact, Noble was right on him when he received the ball.

I know he has some positive qualities, but he just seems to be getting slower and slower and I don't think he can cut it in the middle of the park any more.
  • MIAHammer said:

Even Sir Trevor can’t be bothered to watch. Too busy playing on his phone.

he's probably diplomatically turning down the chance to manage us again ;hmm ;whistle
  • Anderson has been saying we are improving every day. Unfortunately Saturdays seem to be excluded from that.
  • edited August 2018
    Quote: Anderson has been saying we are improving every day. Unfortunately Saturdays seem to be excluded from that.

hqdefault
  • Just what is it with Galey, was he badly treated by us or something? Always super critical of us while at the same time bigging up the opposition. It's as if that because he was a former player he has to appear impartial but then just goes too far..
    He questioned Chicarito's penalty and then says B'mouth should've had two, although they were very debatable - Balbuena handball and Noble on Fraser. ;angry
  • Shocking 2nd half & tbh rode our luck a bit in 1st.
    The obvious has been said, snail pace in the middle ...
    Pellegrini & his tactics, not sure they gonna last too long, with the players he's playing at current.
    Have to say off subs also, thought Snodgrass was playing ok & Anderson looked shattered 5 mins after HT... But what do I know..
    Tough games ahead, that warm feeling B4 season started are well, now luke warm...
    Early times but that glaring obvious lack of any pace in the middle mixed with Pellegrini's tactics so far are gonna be a hard watch in many games....
  • only 4 points from champions league spot ;cowboy
  • Another poor display, particularly in midfield.

Time to drop/get rid of Noble - very rarely goes forward just sideways and backwards
  • On the positive side, thought Yarmie and Perez looked good when they came on

• Leaving out the cup game against Wimbledon, in the next five fixtures, barring a miracle we might win one and get three points (Wolves at home) - so a new manager, millions spent on new players to supposedly improve the team and after the first seven PL fixtures we might have 3 points!

I know it's early days but what does it take for the Manager and Players to learn from their mistakes? The defence were still playing like they were against Liverpool and we were lucky not to be behind by a goal or two before the penalty we scored from. Anderson may play a bit and make occasional good crosses (probably 1 in four or five attempts), but loses the ball too much when trying to pass opposition players and does not track back to help defend often, so is a liability - would have left Snodgrass on and hoicked him off instead.

Why always try to play the ball to the feet of the strikers when we are 5yrds from their penalty box? Have we lost the art of dinking a chipped ball over the defence for the strikers to run on to - we had several opportunities to do that and it was only done once by Wiltshire and led to a corner, all the others when played to feet were lost (all the other attempts to play over their defence were played in from much further out).

Had hope this season would start a bit more positively and we would be on around 6 - 8 points by the end of September given the games we have, trying to keep my disappointment in check at the moment hoping we don't get left behind too much and from October, start picking up points so that by Christmas we are at least mid table-ish
  • I have no idea whose plan that game was part of, but it was not mine ;angry
  • Just sick and tired of it all. Year after year, manager after manager, millions and millions spent and yet we still look Sunday league standard at the back. There’s little cause for optimism right now. 40 points and hoping the likes of Cardiff and Huddersfield finish below us will be the definition of success for West Ham this season
  • So if the same thing keeps repeating itself - different manager, different players, different tactics - what is the common denominator because there has to be some factor that ties them all together.
  • The old Gypsy curse has followed us to the new residence …….?
  • And there Bubbles in a nutshell is the conundrum that is West Ham. ;hmm
  • Who’s going to do match thread honours for the defeat to Arsenal?
  • Is Anderson this seasons Feghouli (with a bigger price tag)?
  • edited August 2018
    So if the same thing keeps repeating itself - different manager, different players, different tactics - what is the common denominator
    And there Bubbles in a nutshell is the conundrum that is West Ham.
    So lets change our name then. It's the only thing left apart from the supporters ;hmm
  • So if the same thing keeps repeating itself - different manager, different players, different tactics - what is the common denominator because there has to be some factor that ties them all together.

We can't defend as a unit and haven't addressed this problem for years. When Pelle first arrived he should have gone out and got someone to sit in front of the back four as an additional screen to snuff out any danger and get the ball to to the flair players, they of course have to be able to get about the pitch quickly, which I don't believe we have anyone to fill this void, some may say casam!
  • Pelle's tactical credibility will be coming under scrutiny very quickly. It may be the case that at City he had the quality of player to dictate games regardless of tactics but with different players he needs to play to limited strengths. Were it not for his time at City I feel we would be saying he is taking time to understand the Premiership.
  • Fortuneseeker

I would say Grand Canyon proportions.
This discussion has been closed.