The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Anderson and Balbueno having medicals today being confirmed by Ex. ;pray
  • Shaqiri off to Liverpool having medical today
  • IronHerb said:

Anderson and Balbueno having medicals today being confirmed by Ex. ;pray

Apparently being unveiled as a double signing Monday.
  • Where you hear that, Yeold?
  • On the Grapevine?
  • So, I’ve seen anywhere from £30m to £50m being quoted as the price for Anderson.
  • The hear £35/40mil

Assume some of it are probably add ons
  • edited July 2018
    Would be crazy if he arrived. If we go with MP's suggested preferred formation of 4-2-2-2, how about (with only 1 more addition):

-------------------Fabianski-----------------

Fredericks------Diop------Ogbonna-----Cresswell

----------Sturaro------------Wilshere---------

-----Anderson------------------Bernard-------

-----------Yarmie-------Arnie-----------------

Would only feature 2 of last season's squad in the starting line up, and, in all honesty, Cresswell has struggled in a back 4 recently, but that team, or even a front 4 of Arnie in front of Yarmie - Anderson - Bernard (in a 4-2-3-1), would be of a quality we're not used to.

Pie in the sky I know, especially given that Anderson isn't even over the line yet, but no harm in dreaming.
  • Bernard would be an incredible pick up on a free. Quality player, vastly underrated imo. Surprised one of the big clubs haven't snatched him up.
  • Arnie

Bernard Anderson Yarmalenko

(tasty)
  • Frightening pace. Both Bernard and Anderson are supposed to be amongst the quickest around
  • So what are the odds on us winning the league... ;whistle
  • We will be in the relegation zone after the first round of games ;whistle
  • With Chelsea and Arsenal in disarray we're on for top 6.

;yercoat
  • Balbuena to be announced soon, according to the Twittersphere
  • They are printing Balbuena shirts in the club store apparently. Pictured on Twitter.
  • If Balbuena and Anderson go through we will have a squad of thirty one. Three are out medium to long term leaving twenty eight. Time for some pruning methinks.

Fredericks
    Fabianski
    Diop
    Wilshere
    Yarmolenko
    Anderson
    Balbuena
    Masuaku
    Adrian
    Zabaletta
    Reid
    Ogbonna
    Noble
    Arnautovic
    Hernandez
    Obiang
    Carroll
    Fernandes
    Cresswell
    Lanzini
    Carroll
    Reid
    Byram
    Snodgrass
    Cullen
    Haksabonavic
    Quinna
    Hugill
    Kouyate
    Antonio
    Oxford
  • Suggested on KUMB that they are trying to get the Balbuena signing announced ahead of Anderson, so it isn't completely overshadowed by it. Could be something in it, Balbuena this evening, Anderson tomorrow or Monday.
  • edited July 2018
    Herb

Oxford is still U21, I think, as are Haskabanovic, and Quina, so they don't need to be included in the 25 list.

That said, I think there will be some pruning anyway.

Most likely would be Snodders, since we appear to be signing lots of players in his position, and he'd be behind Antonio anyway.

I'd guess Huggers and Byram could also be on their way.
  • That would be 2 home grown.....

And Ginge has gone. How are we doing on our quota?
  • edited July 2018
    Herb you've got two ;ac ;ac ;lol

Edit: and Reid.
  • As a left field I reckon they might try and cash in on Arthur
  • I think quite a few could be moved on now

Byram £4m
    Oxford £12m
    Kouyate £10m
    Fernandes £8m
    Cullen £3m
    Antonio £15m
    Snodgrass £8m
    Hugill £8m
    Quina £3m

Im not saying all those will leave obviously, but thats £70mil of possile sales right there (think most of the vlaues are reasonably fair) without too much impact on us

I'd like to keep Oxford, Quina and Fernandes on that list unless a good offer comes in

Also i doubt we'd let go of both Snodgtass and Antonio in the same window
  • MrsGrey said:

Herb you've got two ;ac ;ac ;lol

Edit: and Reid.

Well, you need two of them don't you? ;lol
  • MrsGrey said:

That would be 2 home grown.....

And Ginge has gone. How are we doing on our quota?

Talking of homegrown quotas, I wanted to look up the rules and I now realise it’s the number of non-homegrown players that’s key, rather than the number of homegrown players. Because if you don’t have 25 players in your list, the required number of homegrown players gets reduced down from 8.

I didn’t know this. So, technically, the maximum number of non-homegrown players we are allowed is 17. Using the list above, I count 16.
  • Adam

Yeah, that's basically how it works, you're allowed a maximum of 17 non-homegrown, so with no homegrown your squad would be 17 plus any u21's you have.
  • ;ok

A couple of the 'top' teams (Man City rings a bell in that regard) have in previous seasons named a 23-man squads for this very reason.
  • Balbuena seems to have said goodbye on Twitter...

On the following feed Corinthians fans talking with some Hammers and the guy is getting tons of love from their fans.

Best defender they’ve seen, really dangerous in the air etc.

Seems like we may have a winner...

• Looks like a proper old-school centre-half.

Doesn't seem to dive in and a beast in the air. Likes to point at the ball when he's won a tackle, too.
This discussion has been closed.