The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• To be Sold ?
  • I know for a fact that Winston doesn’t like Carroll. Maybe a bust up.
  • Well let's be honest, it was going far too well, wasn't it ;lol
  • They probably had an argument about who was having the plushest treatment room
  • Maybe bought them out of their contracts? Agree with Lukerz that they wouldn't announce that they were for sale.
  • Thing is Reid only signed a new deal this time last summer. ;hmm
  • Must be something disciplinary. Can't see what else they'd have to make a statement about ;hmm
  • edited July 2018
    This is what I think the signing of Jack Wilshire will be like for the 3 years he is with us. Essentially replaced Andy Carroll with Injury prone Wilshire, I don't think the club will ever learn. xD
  • He was almost gone to Chelsea wasn’t he, until he inevitably got crocked?
  • Fist fight, according to some random Twitter rumours
  • edited July 2018
    Statement issued - update on recovering players and 2 new injuries - thread here: http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10619/injury-and-recovery-news-for-2018-19

I'll split the relevant comments from here....
  • So now that non-event is out of the way...

When's Anderson signing?
  • Can’t believe we’ve not signed anyone today ;whistle
  • Wonder how the two long term injuries will affect any future incomings & outgoings that were in the pipeline?
  • Last 2 weeks of the window, mate - stand back or you'll be trampled in the rush.
  • Yeold

Do you think all the other players we've signed will be injury crises as well?

If not, then perhaps the club have learned?
  • I wonder if Hugill will stay, now that Carroll is injured?
  • Reckon we may see rondon sign after the AC news. I also wonder if AC will ever play for another Prem club again once he has finished with us?
  • edited July 2018
    Adam,

Is he likely to be any nearer the first team with the new players we have added and hopefully Hernandez playing more often?

baracks,

Isn't this what we did with signing Evra, I know Rondon is a different type of player, but any way signing someone just to cover an injury/suspension?

Diop plus who at centre half? Will Ogbonna now stay or will the club make a better offer to Rice? Is this why the rumours of an offer going in for Marcelo have been renewed?

Antonio to cover as a striker until Andy C is fit, might be a long time though.

;biggrin
  • I don’t know. I’ve never seen him play! ;lol
  • Still see Hugill gone if an opportunity to recoup the fee arises

May be harsh but I didnt know him before he joined, but his record for Preston wasnt anything exicting and i thought he looked like a classic championship level striker from the clips i saw of him

If its a choice between selling Hugill for £10m or Antonio (who can play CF) for £15mil its not even a question for me
  • We need a striker.....
  • With Carroll out injured, I know that is normal now, until January, it makes sense to keep Antonio. He is versatile and brings the unexpected if his head is sorted out. Hugill is an an enigma. Someone must have seen something in him to fork out £10m. I like to see him given a chance.
  • Manuel Pellegrini on the Carroll and Reid injuries:

"It does mean that we have lost two players in key areas, and we’ll continue to work hard with the owners to make further additions to strengthen the playing squad, beyond the five new signings already confirmed.”
  • The sum total of summer activity means I cannot wait for the season to begin. At this stage, the club could post a video of a tin of beans in a home jersey, and I'd get excited about it!

whbeans
  • Video of Anderson at Heathrow.....it happening....
  • Lets hope for no 11th hour gazzumps

But it is looking likely
  • Video of Anderson at Heathrow.....it happening....

Vorse, think he’s picking his mum up got a big tennis semi to play tomorrow lol
  • Lets hope for no 11th hour gazzumps

But it is looking likely

Has Harry R been spotted anywhere near the airport? ;wink
  • Baz, I'm suddenly reminded of a certain scene in Blazing Saddles but I can't for the life of me think why. ;biggrin
This discussion has been closed.