World Cup KO: En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land (was 'Group G')

Comments

• I'm starting to get a bit restless now, and only just under 5 hours to go. ;wahoo
  • Each time I let myself think about tonight's game my hands go tingly and sweaty, haha.

Last time I was this excited for a game of football was probably the cup final against the scoucers.

So very excited!
  • I feel a bit sick. ;puzzled
  • got a cheeky 1 pound on 600/1

-Sterling to score the first and last goal
    -England to win 1-0
    -4 yellow cards combined
    -10 corners combined
  • I was talking to one of my german colleagues he reckons England / France and Belgium will be the teams to beat in the next 10 years. He reckons Germany should have binned a load of their older players and taken some youngster like they did before. Felt strange have a german being jealous of an England team for once
  • Germany lost their goal threat, they just don't have a world class striker, Werner is decent but he isn't top draw. The rest of their team is decent, players like Brandt and Kimmich will get them going again. They need to bin off Ozil / Muller though. Make room for Sane to come in and bring Brandt through and they will carry a goal threat.
  • Just over 90 mins 2 go...
    Nerves beating me... ;scarveng
  • ;scarveng ;scarveng ;wahoo ;scarveng ;scarveng
  • Wearing my FitBit, concerned about my blood pressure tonight ;puzzled
  • I think people need to start making a mental space for .. you know... just in case....

Hope for the best, plan for the worst ;ok
  • MrsGrey said:

I think people need to start making a mental space for .. you know... just in case....

Hope for the best, plan for the worst ;ok

This is the kind of time when a thread comes in handy where site rules don't count/are relaxed. A kind of swear jar. (Not at one another, of course)
  • MrsG, that space is a fixture in most, if not all, England supporters psychy. But thanks for your concern. ;wink
  • edited July 2018
    Stolen from FB:

FB_IMG_1531331550260

"For Queen and Country. For Sir Bobby"
  • IronHerb said:

MrsG, that space is a fixture in most, if not all, England supporters psychy. But thanks for your concern. ;wink

I'm just worried about you all. ;scarveng
  • Come on England
    ;scarveng
  • Calmly, and quietly comfortable. ;scarveng
  • 45 minutes done.

45 to go.

#deepbreath
  • edited July 2018
    ;scarveng
    England
    ;scarveng
    ;scarveng
    England
  • Looking a bit a bit shaky since they equalised
  • Croatia turned up an hour after the match started. Since then, England have been in a game.
  • Harry Kane big game cant hit the target , he is going all spursy on us
  • Extra time.

Croatia looked much the better in that last half hour.
  • We looked like the England of old in the second half. Instead of playing balls in the space behind, we kept hoofing to the defenders heads, playing a game that suits them. We need to pick it up in extra time.
  • Harry Kane big game cant hit the target , he is going all spursy on us

Im hoping my 'agree' will have the right effect on Mr Kane and he scores the winner ;wink
  • Couldn’t beat that load of rubbish in 90 minutes, makes me ashamed to be Croatian. ;wink
  • A certain amount of out-tacticing went on there.
  • That ball was so out, and that was so not a Rashford foul.
  • Ref is rubbish