The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• Just what I was thinking ;ok
  • Anyone else see the big fight last night? Fantastic, stood toe to toe for 12 rounds, still throwing punch after punch even in the 11th and 12th rounds, and next to no holding apart from a little bit in the 12th after heavy exchanges. GGG robbed of a decision again imo, although nowhere near the farce of a year ago. Does make you wonder if he'll ever get a decision over there.
  • Was a great fight, and while I am gutted for GGG I hate that everyone is saying he was 'robbed'

Robbed assumes that there was a clear winner and everyone is in agreement

Last night was a close fight, personally I scored it a draw but I know people I respect in the boxing world go as high as 8-4 for GGG but also many who went for Canelo 8-4, including the fact thr fans were split between all 3 outcomes

Would love to watch a 3rd fight,and after the robbery in the 1st fight (which was a robbery) GGG deserves it....although at 36 years old he looked his age a little and sure that fight has taken something out of him

On another note I thought it was really poor from BT that you had to be a sky/virgin/BT TV customer and couldn't order the fight if you have BT Sport App
  • I did say robbed imo, felt he won by 2 so I scored it close as well, but really can't help feeling there was some "home town" (or at least "home side of the Atlantic") bias; in the 2 fights he has only won on 1 judge's card out of 6 which is beyond comprehension imo.

I agree about the worry of GGG's age when talking about a rematch, Canelo really is around his peak but GGG should only be going downhill from here. Also, I can understand why he would feel he'll never get a fair result over there.

Must admt, I watched through the same stream I use for all our matches (as well as F1, cricket etc), best £7 I spend each month lol.
  • Watching the Southampton v Brighton game. We need someone like Knockaert. Some great crossing from set pieces.
  • Re: set pieces

Something that’s been bugging me is that every freekick we get in a crossing position we do that little roll to the second man to trap. We always do this as out swinging crosses too. Anderson and Snodgrass have been the main takers and neither are troubling the defenders with this tactic
  • Don't see why any free kick needs a second man to trap it. It's already trapped by virtue of being a free kick. It's not as if the angle is changing as they're generally standing next to each other.
  • edited September 2018
    I think it’s usually a combo of 1) a slight angle change & 2) to send an on field message to the players in the box as to the type of ball that is going to be put in.

I mean plenty of sides do it so it must achieve something.
  • Lukerz

If we were then delivering quality into the box then I’d say fair enough, or if we were being varied in our approach. But it seems to be more often than not we roll the ball, trap it, then put in a bad ball
  • Just reading about the alleged issues with spurs stadium build and the builders problems. Must admit to laughing out loud at work and asking the spud who sits behind me about how they are going to mark the lines on the pitch :)
  • Can't see an "other matches this weekend" thread for this weekend and a bit late for one now, but a shocking offside missed by the lino for Arsenal's 2nd.

Not too bothered as I think it much more likely we'll be competing against Everton than Arsenal come the end of the season table, but a shocker nonetheless. But no, there's never a big club bias in the Premier League ;hmm
  • Meanwhile in the Conference Leyton Orient lost for the first time this season. They drop to 2nd below Salford City, the team owned by Scholes, Giggs and the Neville Bros.
  • Who would've guessed that were football team owners.

;yercoat
  • I can’t see a thread for the rest of the games this weekend, but I’m watching MOTD2, and I have to say that it’s great to see Joe Hart back in form. He was bad for us, but he always seemed like a good guy who was trying his best, so seeing him play well for Burnley is really great
  • I was watching the highlights of the ryder cup this morning.francesco molinari took a shot and i heard a voice in the background say "cmon you irons" ;scarveng.
    Our fans just get everywhere. ;wahoo
  • Is there any where to get a breakdown of how many away tickets make it to those with no points? Going to a game in November and desperate for away tickets!
  • McHammer,

Pretty well none. Once they sell 90% of the allocation there is a ballot for the remaining 10% for any ST holders without a ticket.
    I think Everton away last season went to 1 point, but that was a midweek game.

Good luck.
  • Hotel and travel paid already too!
  • Uddersfield
  • Check hospitality options at Huddersfield end?
  • Worth a look cheers Grey
  • I have purchased many a ticket in the home end of our away fixtures ;biggrin

I’m still on Peterborough’s mailing list ;lol
  • That's 'cos you're posh, suz.
  • Yeah I think I can get home ones as a last resort. Hospitality is too pricy and lacks the atmos.
  • edited October 2018
    I would like to fully understand my position. My only real hope other than a massive increase in ticket allocation is to find a Season ticket holder or non STH that has been to lots of games and buy them from them at what I understand to be low level risk of them getting in trouble. Is that a correct understanding?

I am happy to try to do that if it only goes against club rules but less happy if it is morally wrong to do so. Is the club's way genuinely the fairest way to allocate tickets to those that deserve them the most.

My abilities to attend regularly are both geographical and financial and this is a special trip for my 40th.

Any advice welcomed.
  • You use to be able to get champions league highlights on itv but even that has stopped.
    I looked around and it's dominated by BT with them only showing live games and highlights.
    I already have sky sports, not shelling out for BT as well ;nonono
  • mike

If you just want highlights, this site usually has decent links:

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/
  • Have I read somewhere that champions league being shown on sky next season again
This discussion has been closed.