OS Confirms signing of Sam Byram (to be known from now on as Brian...)

12346»

Comments

• I love the Payet introduction for joung Sam, a high floated pass from one side of the pitch to the over, which Sam controls and passes straight back...
  • vorse ;ok ;lol
  • Brian? Surely he would suit Mary B as a name. ;wink
  • gailplatt

For our older viewers.... ( excellent debut and better to come! coyi )
  • Big hands up from me....I didn't want him starting because I wanted him eased in. Part of that was because I thought they'd start Sterling and have more pressure.

But they didn't and he was fantastic, he looks the real deal.

;clap
    Saw this online, after Sam's ( Brian ) ;doh !! Great debut..one for hamstew
  • Happy to be proved wrong by Slav and circumstance (the early substitution), I wanted him eased in as a big game like city could have destroyed the lad's confidence. Did well......very well yesterday
  • iron_pants

Think that is what Slav intended:
    so we put young Sam in such a demanding game when he was not even supposed to be on the bench.

“It gave him a chance to play and he played really well, if not excellently.
  • Good point Grey, we'll put it to fortunate circumstance then ;ok
  • I had to read that quote twice to work it out. That 'if not excellently' is a bit ambiguous, but I take it mean he was excellent, rather than he wasn't excellent.

If you see what I mean. ;puzzled
  • That's how I took it Mrs G ;ok
  • I know what you mean but I think he meant it the other way. At least when I imagine how he would say it in his tone that makes everything he says sound cynical.
  • edited January 2016
    He was superb yesterday, better than Jenks has been all season, calm, good touch and good going forward as well as defending in short everything you want in a full back, only one game obviously but £3.5m or whatever he cost looks an absolute steal just a gutter that he's cup tied.
  • Rio Ferdinand

"Makes me even more grateful that i was brought up at West Ham,where the fans & staff allowed for me to make mistakes while learning the game".
  • What makes him more grateful? What prompted his comment, suz?
  • The grief Stones was getting from the Everton fans.
  • Now he's getting nasty four letter responses ;doh
  • I wonder if he thinks Jenks is benefitting from that attitude? ;whistle
  • He hasn't said ;biggrin
  • edited February 2016
    Sam was at the fans forum last night, he spoke very well about how welcomed he has been made to feel by the staff, players and fans.

The training is a lot more intense than he is used to and he he loving it here.
  • You can tell the training is more intense, it injured him.
  • All part of the West Ham way ;whistle