Last 7 games - Queen of the May or What Might Have Been?

2»

Comments

• Yep this is it people. ...

Beat AFC and we're right back in the hunt for top 4.....lose and that is going to be very difficult.

Beat MUFC and were on for Wembley!

Beat Leicester and we put a right spanner in the works for the title!

coyi
  • I think the best plan is to beat everybody, and let them sort it out ;wink
  • Pards,
    It is indeed the climax to our season with 3 big games in a week. Will we show what we're made of or will we fail.
    I personally think we'll be ok and all will be well, the reason for this? We've had a great season so far, better than I hoped for and our best for many seasons and a great send off to our home for 112 years at the Boleyn ground. So I say COYI!

;scarf ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf
  • The anticipation is fantastic and what supporting football is all about. I just hope that we can beat Man Utd and any points against Arsenal and Leicester would be a bonus.
  • TalkSpite at the start of the season ;biggrin

• hahahahahahahhhahahhhhaha

;biggrin
  • Villa have been rubbish for the last 4 years, why would anybody think they would finish 10th this season?
  • Although, it's looking like one of those rare season where all 3 promoted clubs will stay up.

• edited April 2016
    I was thinking about our top four prospects, which seem to have died a death on this forum now. I personally feel it's out of reach. However... ;cool

After Leicester, we have Watford, WBA and Swansea.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that we could get 9 points from those three games given none of those three sides have anything to play for. Giving us 61 points from 36, with two to play. That assumes we lose at Leicester.

Then we go into Man Utd at home and Stoke away.

Can we still be in with a chance of a possible 4th placed finish going into the final 10 days of the season, or is that too optimistic?

Out of interest, City's next five are:
    Chelsea (a)
    Newcastle (a)
    Stoke (h)
    Southampton (a)
    Arsenal (h)

Throw in a potential semi final game in the CL too? ;hmm
  • I'd not rule any of it out Luke and have harbored a dream of beating Man Utd at home on the last game ever at Upton Park thus securing us / robbing them of fourth spot.
  • I can still see 15 points there....I've honestly felt for weeks now that we'd take something off Leicester. If we do and Spurs win then the lead will be 4. They will get the jitters.

Man City have 3 difficult games in those 5 and two teams you never know which version is turning up.

If they get through to the semi of the CL then I have a feeling Pellegrini will put all his eggs in that basket.
  • Especially if wolfsburg go through and they draw them in the semis....
  • edited April 2016
    I think we will need 15 points for Europa if we get tonked out of FA Cup. Southampton and Liverpool possibly will be on our tails till the end i think. In fact southampton have a good chance this weekend of over taking us.
  • Arsenal 1
    Leicester 3
    Watford 3
    West Brom 3
    Swansea 3
    Man Utd 3
    Stoke 1

17 - I think we are underestimating this side ;biggrin
  • MrsGrey said:

I want 12!

Locked on target. coyi
  • MrsGrey said:

MrsGrey said:

I want 12!

1 point short from the league, but we get a bonus point for our Cup run. ;biggrin
  • edited May 2016
    Just how much have those last two (unexpected) defeats cost us. Of the final three games the one that I was a little unsure about was ManU but losing to Swansea and Stoke has cost us 4th position and Champions League.
  • Arsenal home - 1 point
    Leicester away - 1 point
    Watford home - 3 points
    West Brom away - 3 points
    Swansea home - 3 points
    Man United home - 1 point
    Stoke away - 0 points

12 would be brilliant.

Close
  • Arsenal 1
    Leicester 0
    Watford 3
    West Brom 1
    Swansea home 3
    Man United 3
    Stoke 1

I make it 12 points from the last league games.

TBH I'd just want to win the cup. A to 6 finish would be the icing on the cake.

;hmm