Ginge signs 2 year extension

2»

Comments

• He was my MoM against Villa
  • He was my MOTM today (H to Saints) buy a country mile.

• I love this man.

• Ginge, son of Ginge. Welsh Viking. Blocks, Pillages and spanks ;ok
  • Ginge ;bowdown ;bowdown ;bowdown ;bowdown
  • Another top performance today, gave the lads a right rollicking when he had to throw himself in the way of a shot in the first half that luckily deflected over the bar.
  • Not knocking him (I'm a fan of collins and by most accounts he was immense again), but the saints goal showed some of his bad habits.

It started with initially loosing the header; although IMO no big deal as you wont win every header, but after the team re-organised he then rushed back and to attack the ball, which meant he messed up the defensive equilibrium that had restructured during the counter - Tomkins had tucked in on the cover, Ogbonna had moved over on the cover as well- Collins (for whatever reason) cuts across ogbonna (who was marking a man and the near post) and goes to attack the ball- This interferes/distracts ogbonna and creates the space for the goal.

Once again...not having a go at him, I'm a fan of collins and I am delighted he has a new deal; but just saying with a bit more composure/calmness the goal could have been avoided and there isnt always the need to go full-out for the ball every time.
  • TWC

I agree that for the Saints goal he probably should have held his position (although of course if he had got the block in it wouldn't have been a goal), but then think of all the times his blocks and interventions have been crucial in breaking up an attack or stopping a goal.

I think it is always easy afterwards to say what a defender should have done. Ginge is what he is, and for the most part, it serves him and us very well.
  • Grey, No doubt ;ok I couldnt catch the game, but from what I have heard he was immense again ,barring the goal, which was still a decent enough goal; so no real complaints from me. Its just going forward, Tomkins, Ogbonna and Reid have that edge over him when everyone is fit, but regardless, its great to have such a good crop of CB's on our books.