Your Final EPL Table Prediction 2015-2016

2»

Comments

• Izzy, Swap Watford for Norwich and I think you're right there ;ok
    You know what Austin I couldn't for the life of me remember the 3rd team that came up!!

Rather than go to any sporting site I just put Norwich in ;lol
  • West Ham Sunderland Bournemouth to go down - Relegation deal with it ;cool
  • Yeold you seem to be posting that a lot?

Is it something you truly believe will happen?

Because I don't.
  • Bottom 3

Sunderland
    Villa
    Tottenham (points deducted due to association of causing fire)

If only Carlsberg were in charge of football.
  • Yeold you seem to be posting that a lot?

Is it something you truly believe will happen?

Because I don't.
    Mate, we're not safe yet
  • 37 points to safety ;biggrin
  • I have always thought that in the long run league position is in reality close to a table of wealth or income. That some clubs might overachieve and some underachieve for a few years but in the long run its money that counts (sadly).

Well wealth or income is not easy to establish and of course will change year on year - potentially in line with the over/underachievement. To test my gut feel I found a few sources out there including Deloittes plus the Guardian and other papers have recently printed stuff. They may well be guesswork/interpretation but the important thing for me is the relative positions in the money table (usually based on income) and any source is likely to apply the same interpretation on a club by club basis.

The various money league tables I could derive are unsurprisingly similar and effectively produce six relative groups (promoted clubs rarely feature in these sources but my guess is that this seasons new boys are in the last group.) Groups 4 and 5 are actually very close - there is little distinction between them.

1) Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal
    2) Liverpool, Spurs,
    3) Newcastle, Everton
    4) Villa, WHU, Southampton, Sunderland
    5) Swansea, Stoke, Palace, WBA
    6) Leicester, Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth.

That look a likely footballing table as well? I think so.

Seems to me Sunderland perennially underachieve compared to their money position and Swansea, Stoke and Palace I think are on the up with Villa struggling in the last few years. Seems to me Everton and Newcastle are both gradually returning to their money table position so while I’m going to keep them there for my prediction maybe one or two of the next group might finish above them this year. I fancy Leicester and for some reason Norwich to avoid the dreaded drop.

My prediction then, based largely on money, is

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Man Utd
    4. Arsenal
    5. Liverpool
    6. Spurs
    7. Everton
    8. Newcastle
    9. Southampton
    10. WHU
    11. Swansea
    12. Stoke
    13. Palace
    14. Villa
    15. WBA
    16. Leicester
    17. Norwich
    18. Sunderland
    19. Watford
    20. Bournemouth
  • see how you did......I got one in right place- Southampton
  • I fancy Leicester and for some reason Norwich to avoid the dreaded drop.

Certainly got Leicester right ;lol

• MrsGrey said:

Unless Bournemouth buy some amazing players in January, they're going down imo.

I'll even go so far as to say they'll be the 1st team to go. ;biggrin

(Although I won't be sad if Villa prove me wrong.)

;doh
  • 1. Chelsea
    19. Leicester

;cool
  • Man Citeh
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Man Utd

Villa
    Sunderland
    Watford
    Bournemouth

I'd love Chelsea to finish outside the top 4 but they wont as I don't think there is anyone else to challenge them.

;lol ;doh
  • edited May 2016

I fancy Leicester and for some reason Norwich to avoid the dreaded drop.

Certainly got Leicester right ;lol

;whistle

Since my predictions were largely based on perceived income I'm glad to be so wrong. In truth all my predictions were within 4 places of the actual table apart from Leicester (who knew!), the big underachievers of the season Chelsea, Newcastle and Villa, plus Watford and Bournmouth doing much better than I thought - and who I hope beat the 'second season' syndrome next time out.

My top 4 guesses turned out to be pathetic but I hope we are seeing the start of something new in that whether you enjoyed Leicester's success or not it proves money is not the be all and end all. Are we seeing the long term break up of the old 'big 4 or 5'? I hope so

As for us. Brilliant season. The entertainment I had been craving. Just hope heightened expectation doesn't lead to disappointment. Same again with Europa distraction would be a real achievement I think.

• edited June 2016
    The original predictions actually show how difficult it is to be Lawro... Everyone put Leicester between 16-20 and Chelsea between 1-3. Apart from Fatbloke... ;yercoat
  • Jose & Zlatan - might as well give United the title now.
  • Rojo & Damien - titles up for grabs
  • This can be closed now, thanks
  • Ok ;ok

bossy boots ;biggrin
This discussion has been closed.