Other matches - weekend of Aug 31st

Rice sent off for the very first time in his career and it seems very harsh to me, the first yellow was justified but the second one was unnecessary, possibly within the laws but a really odd decision in my opinion.

Comments

• Arteta teaching Rice the dark arts, which he doesn't need.
  • After the free kick was given, Rice did flick the ball away whilst moving away but only moved it a couple of feet whilst the Brighton defender blatantly kicked out at Rice and made contact, result, Rice is given Red and the defender gets nothing.

Makes no sense to me
  • Arsenal leading 1-0 at home to Brighton, but down to 10 men. Declan Rice gets his first career red card, those Gunners are a bad influence on him as we all knew they would be. Already on a yellow card, he commits a foul in an attacking position. The Brighton player tries to take a quick free kick, rolls the ball towards Rice who has turned and was strolling away. The ball hits Rice, who then nudges it away and gets kicked by the Brighton player for his trouble, but the ref gives Rice a second yellow for nudging the ball away. Harsh, maybe, but thems the rules.

Brighton score to level things up within about 5 minutes.
  • Rice was on a yellow ,Then kicks the ball away .2 yellows = Red
  • Granted, but if the rules are being applied so strictly, how did the defender get off scott free, surely a yellow and I think a case exists for a straight red.
  • "It's the rule", no, its not

That's not time wasting

No time was wasted in him kicking the (moving) ball 2 feet that's already under his feet

Happy Arsenal dropped points, but that was a horrible decision
  • Was not aware that Kevin Campbell had passed aged just 54 - sad news

That's not time wasting

No time was wasted in him kicking the (moving) ball 2 feet that's already under his feet

It's not just time wasting, it's preventing the opposition from taking the free kick as quickly as they might want to.

That's not time wasting

It's not just time wasting, it's preventing the opposition from taking the free kick as quickly as they might want to.
    But he didn't, as the ball was moving

If anything Rice saved on time being wasted and allowed them to take it quicker as the bl would've gone 60 years upfield

It's nonsense, gonna see how often it happens in a normal game, bet it's all the time
  • What just happens at Everton loose 3-2 after being 2 up
  • Quite enjoyed watching Ipswich vs Fulham, Ipswich played with purpose and not a little style, thought Fulham were niggley
  • Trying not to laugh at Everton - 2 up at the 87th minute and they manage to lose 2-3 - oh dear, what a pity- how sad……..
  • Haaland 1-0

Mistake from Emerson/Paqueta to lose it in a horrible position
  • I would so love it if Everton got relegated. For some unjustified reason I'd get really too much pleasure from it
  • I would hate it if Everton got relegated

There are a couple of Toffees down the pub who get stick from the Liverpool fans and they are insufferable enough without the added bonus of enjoying Everton's misfortune

Liverpool getting relegated? I'd laugh so hard I'd probably suffer serious damage
  • I get what you're saying ASLEF, but I'm with Baz on this, I'd love to see Everton go down. I still think something very dodgy went on with a game against Wimbledon in the late 90s where they were 2-0 down and somehow managed to win 3-2 to avoid relegation.
  • How does Ten Haag actually remain in a job, picking Casemiro in a starting line up is simply a sackable offence in it's own.....
  • Good news Man U 2 down Bad News Liverpool 2 up =)
  • Man Utd getting battered. Nobody likes to see that😁
  • edited September 1
    If it were anyone other than Liverpool, Arsenal or City that were 3-0 up against Man Utd I'd crack a grin
  • Man Utd getting battered. Nobody likes to see that😁

You sure about that =)
  • Klopp? Klopp who?
  • The question is, did Klopp underachieve with this side? 😂