Other games this weekend

My disappointment on seeing our teamsheet has been brightened somewhat as Man Utd concede a 95th minute goal to lose at Brighton 😊.

Comments

• Fergie time backfires!
  • I never know who types these things on the BBC feed, but, really?
  • I'm not convinced Keown knows words, so maybe it's an accurate quote.
  • Spelling mistake has been corrected now in an alderzesque bit of editing.
  • Watkins misses a sitter as Villa host Arsenal in the late kick-off.

And another one.

And another one.
    That was some save from Raya though
  • alderz said:

Watkins misses a sitter as Villa host Arsenal in the late kick-off.

And another one.
    That was some save from Raya though
    True, but Watkins really shouldn't have given him the chance to make the save.

Now Arsenal might be making Villa pay for those missed chances, as Trossard scores to give Arsenal the lead.
  • Not great keeping by Martinez (couldn't happen to a nicer guy) and Arsenal double their lead.
  • edited August 24
    Ben Johnson with an assist at Man City
  • Good game going on at Wolves .1-1 bit of handbags going on .
  • 2-2 now
  • steve said:

2-2 now

2-5 now.
  • 2-6 now
  • So Newcastle just rough the keeper whenever they fancy? Wonder if Howe will get questioned about that?
  • Why was that not a red? A hand round his neck is surely dangerous play!
  • I think that should be upgraded, can that be done nowadays?
  • edited August 25
    I don't think so.

It used to be possible if ref hadn't seen it. But now with Var, they check all potential red cards, in the game.
  • Joelinton had a mare of a game all round imo, he got caught In possession resulting in their goal, gave the ball away far to often, looked slow and should have absolutely seen red at the end.

A 90 mins to forget
  • Have just seen the Joelinton incident, that's a red all day long and indeed twice on Sundays. Dreadful decision imo.
  • Didn’t want to open a brand new thread for this but has anyone seen the movie “The Keeper”? It was on bbc2 a couple of weeks ago so will be on I player. It is the true story of Bert Trautman, the German pow who became goalkeeper for man city. I have to say it is a brilliant movie, has everything, comedy, tragedy and I found it inspirational.
  • Didn’t want to open a brand new thread for this but has anyone seen the movie “The Keeper”? It was on bbc2 a couple of weeks ago so will be on I player. It is the true story of Bert Trautman, the German pow who became goalkeeper for man city. I have to say it is a brilliant movie, has everything, comedy, tragedy and I found it inspirational.

Will check it out after such a glowing review.
  • great movie well worth watching