MOTM vs Leverkusen

Tricky one as a lot of people played really well. I think maybe Ward-Prowse for me. Thought he was everywhere, led the press, brought a lot of energy.

Comments

• JWP for me, first half was the best I've seen him play for us. Like the rest of the team he ran out of steam in the second half, but I felt he really drove us on in the first half.
  • edited April 18
    Alvarez for me
  • edited April 18
    Difficult one. So many outstanding performances first half.
    Probably go with Antonio though.
  • Bowen for me
  • Alvarez
  • JWP, but a lot of contenders
  • Alvarez (with Antonio a close second)
  • Alvarez for me
  • Agee difficult to pick one from so many strong contenders but JWP was significantly better than expected so he's my choice.
  • Antonio please
  • The whole team gave their all for the club yesterday, and it would be invidious to single out any one player. We could not have asked for more against a worthy opponent who only got a goal by a deflection to give them a draw.

That was one of the most memorable performances of the season, and was good to see what can be done in attack mode.
  • I am going for ALVERAZ but a fag paper between him and Antonio, whose attitude was superb and ran himself into the ground. I think a commentator said he was 36, that's a big game for a 36 year old.

I also realised how comfortable I am with Ogbonna and think he is all class, I hope Moyes will use him in the coming games. We know he doesn't have many more games in him but he never lets anyone down and is probably the player I wish we could turn back the clock for as he is exactly what we need at his best a few years back.
  • I am going for ALVERAZ but a fag paper between him and Antonio, whose attitude was superb and ran himself into the ground. I think a commentator said he was 36, that's a big game for a 36 year old.

Antonio turned 34 last month.

• I won't close the thread til tomorrow morning, but so far:

7 for Ward-Prowse
    6 for Alvarez
    2 for Antonio
    1 each for Bowen & Soucek
  • Ok we close on what I said before but 8 for Alvarez
This discussion has been closed.