Other matches 9th, 10th, 11th and 13th March

Man Utd v Everton Saturday lunchtime

Everton could do us a favour by getting a point and while they are only better than Sheffield Utd or Burnley for goals scored they seem to be slightly better away than at home.

Bournemouth v Sheffield Utd and Palace v Luton are relegation 6 pointers, Wolves v Fulham could see either of them move closer to us while with Arsenal v Brentford at teatime the only question seems to be how many will Arsenal score

Tomorrow Villa v Spurs at 1pm could decide who gets Champions League next season while Brighton v Forest might not be as cut and dried as their league positions suggest as Brighton have lost three in a row.

Liverpool v City 3:45pm (very odd time???). No comment necessary.

Monday night Chelsea v Newcastle must have seemed like a big match before the season started

Wednesday another relegation 6 pointer with Bournemouth v Luton

Comments

• How bad was that Man U - Everton game?I don’t remember seeing two sets of top pros giving the ball away so much in a game.It was truly awful, seen better games over the marshes.
  • Watching the Palace vs Luton game, not the worst game I have seen and I not sure how it is still just 1-0 at 75mins, surprised that the Palace keeper gets away with wearing a shirt almost the same color as the outfield players but what do I know
  • Slacker said:

How bad was that Man U - Everton game?I don’t remember seeing two sets of top pros giving the ball away so much in a game.It was truly awful, seen better games over the marshes.

Let's be honest, our ball retention has been pretty awful in a lot of matches this season, so I'm not gonna start throwing stones.

• edited March 9
    I know that City are very very good but after ten minutes and seeing United give the ball away cheaply at least six or seven times, even the most partisan Utd fan would have to have their head in their hands and admit that City just do not do that

And that the final 2-0 result was very flattering indeed
  • Slacker said:

How bad was that Man U - Everton game?I don’t remember seeing two sets of top pros giving the ball away so much in a game.It was truly awful, seen better games over the marshes.

Let's be honest, our ball retention has been pretty awful in a lot of matches this season, so I'm not gonna start throwing stones.

True, but this was another level of rubbish.

• Haven't seen it as watching the rugby, but apparently Ramsdale made a howler and gifted Brentford an equaliser on the stroke of half time 😂🤣😂.
  • Haven't seen it as watching the rugby, but apparently Ramsdale made a howler and gifted Brentford an equaliser on the stroke of half time 😂🤣😂.

Which England win by a point with a drop goal with the clock in the red 😊😊😊.

• Great interview with Marcus Smith, in his first game of this year's tournament after being injured just before the first match, after he slotted the winning drop goal. He seems a thoroughly nice young man. Also great to see Danny Care, who won his 100th cap off the bench today, being interviewed pitchside whilst juggling his young daughter.
  • How has Havertz not been booked for diving there?
  • edited March 9
    So player waves the imaginary yellow card. Ref does nothing.

This drives me nuts. It's not even a judgement call, it's a matter of fact.

Where's the consistency.
  • Brentford put the ball out of play for treatment to an injured player, Arteta tries to get play started before he could be treated; says all you need to know about Arteta, horrible man.
  • Rice really close to a second goal, he hit the corner of the frame with the keeper absolutely rooted to the spot in the middle of the goal.
  • Brentford have been going down all game time wasting.
  • Damn, Arsenal score.
  • Arteta celebrating like they've won the league.

Urgh.

Show some class.
  • Wonder if Frank will get pelters for not making substitutes earlier. 2 players on at 90m.
  • Arteta has no class which is why I’m surprised Rice came out saying he thought he was a genuine honest nice man.
  • I think the outward facing persona of Arteta is deliberate and likely not a reflection of who truly he is
  • To be fair, I am no fan of Brentford but Ramsdale pulled off a couple of worldies so I think they were unlucky to lose overall
  • edited March 10

How has Havertz not been booked for diving there?

Didn't realise Havertz was already on a yellow as I didn't watch the first half, he shoulda been off. Makes the decision not to book him even worse, yet another huge decision that goes the way of a big club.
  • edited March 10
    Yes, big club bias (not just Liverpool). That said, despite the lack of time for Arteta, I have tried to want Man City to win it over Arsenal but I just cant do it. I can only want City to win it rather than Spurs (which is obviously worst case scenario)

So I was ok with Havertz scoring (but yes, he probably shouldnt have been on the pitch)
  • Bazshuayi said:

I can only want City to win it rather than Spurs (which is obviously worst case scenario)

I don't think that is a problem you will ever have to face...

Arsenal should have had a penalty for the neck hold on Trossard so in my book it weas a fair result

On MotD they reckon that Raya's loan will be made permanent in the summer, I doubt if Ramsdale is going to want to spend another season on the bench so I guess he'll be looking for a new club.

Didn't realise he's only 25 so he's got a lot of playing years ahead of him.
  • McGinn off with a straight red. Will miss our game.
  • City score 😊😊😊
  • Damn, Liverpool penalty.
  • Did the keeper actually touch him ?

As anti-Liverpool as I might be, I thought it was a pen tbh.

One of those where if he hadn't hurdled, he'd have been taken out.

How many of those never get given!?
  • Diaz would be some player if his finishing was better.