Next 7 Games (GW25-31)

Remember, this IS NOT a prediction game. This is simply saying, from this batch of fixtures, what is the cut off point between good and bad. You could go one further and say what is the cut off between good, decent and bad if you want to, but basically you need to say the minimum number of points that think is acceptable after this run of games.

So, our next 7 games are:
1. Forest away
2. Brentford at home
3. Everton away
4. Burnley at home
5. Villa at home
6. Newcastle away
7. Spurs at home

Comments

• I also think 10
  • We’ll be lucky to get 8
  • 6 sorry not feeling it after yesterday
  • steve said:

6 sorry not feeling it after yesterday

So you're saying that you think 6 points from those 7 games is acceptable?
    DJ Hammer said:

We’ll be lucky to get 8

And you think 8 is acceptable?
  • 11 is acceptable, any less isn't for me.
  • 9 acceptable. Would be pleased with 10.
  • I’ll go 9 too. Of those 7, 3 are battling relegation and 3 going for Europe.
  • 10 acceptable, but I’d take anything after yesterday!
  • alderz.sorry did not read the bit about what is acceptable so am now going for 9
  • 9 acceptable. My expectations are dropping.
  • 10 would be acceptable for me. I believe we will get more but anything less than 10 would be a terrible run of games.
  • I am hoping for a minimum of 9, and I won’t be too surprised if we get quite a few more, A win at Forest will change our outlook massively.
  • The Forest game is pivotal. Win and I'll expect 12. Lose and the club could implode. I think we'll draw, so my guess is 10.
  • 10 for me would be good. 9 is the absolute minimum although I fear the worst. 13 or more and I'd be ecstatic.
  • alderz said:

steve said:

DJ Hammer said:

We’ll be lucky to get 8

Given our current form and the form of the 7 teams we will be facing then “yes” I think 8 points is acceptable. I can’t see the point in this thread if you’re going to question people’s response to the question that you’ve asked.

• DJ Hammer said:

alderz said:

steve said:

DJ Hammer said:

We’ll be lucky to get 8

I can’t see the point in this thread if you’re going to question people’s response to the question that you’ve asked.

Well if you look at Steve’s response that he misread i should think that tells you why I clarified. I’m not sure why my asking you a question has warranted that response but whatever.
  • I posted 'whatever' once and got modded. 😂
  • IronHerb said:

I posted 'whatever' once and got modded. 😂

Ah but you didn't say it like Lauren from the Catherine Tate show says it.
  • 10 would be acceptable, but disappointing for a team with aspirations of a European spot.
  • IronHerb said:

I posted 'whatever' once and got modded. 😂

Ah but you didn't say it like Lauren from the Catherine Tate show says it.
    True enough. 😁
  • 12. Every one is winnable.
  • So we end with 9 points - victories over Brentford & Everton, home draws with Burnley, Villa & Spurs, and two away defeats at Forest & Newcastle.

MrsGrey, thorn, carson, MIA, EXETER, steve & DJ all got what they thought was the minimum acceptable points return from that game. nyc, buffy, Scot, Munich, Herb, Kuching & I did not.

I think, personally, there are some mitigating circumstances. We had some dreadful calls in the Burnley and Newcastle games that could easily have seen us pick up an additional 5 points.
  • alderz said:

I think, personally, there are some mitigating circumstances. We had some dreadful calls in the Burnley and Newcastle games that could easily have seen us pick up an additional 5 points.

This☝️. In the Newcastle game at least I could see why the pens were given (although I think Gprdon should have been shown a straight red for his charge on Kudus in the first half) but the Burnley match was hard to take. So yes, we should have had more points and the fact we didn't is down to the ref.