Six Nations

It says something that we haven't already started a thread given the first round was last week, so, with England v Wales looming, I thought I'd open one.

However, gotta say, if I was Scottish, I'd be gutted just now. Ahead for most of the match, France then took the lead by a point, and then added a penalty to stretch the lead to 4 points with only 3 minutes left. Only a try would do now for Scotland. Then, with the clock red, Scotland get across the try line, but the onfield decision, crucially, was that the ball was held up. They go to the TMO, and, although you couldn't be one million percent certain that the ball was grounded, I really don't see how it wasn't; once it slid off the boot that was holding it up, the ball went significantly down and it had to be on the ground.

Comments

• There still has to be downward pressure and it couldn’t be clear if that was happening once it slid off the boot.
  • England, already down a man for the time being, concede a penalty try and are down to 13 men just now, not great after dominating the opening period.

As I type, 13 man England score a try.
  • There still has to be downward pressure and it couldn’t be clear if that was happening once it slid off the boot.

That's clutching at straws imo, I don't think downward pressure was in question tbh.
  • Ford makes a hash of an easy conversion by moving and allowing Wales to charge him, d'oh.
  • At least we're back up to 14 men now.
  • And now 15.
  • A try for Wales late in the half gives them a 14-5 lead at half time.
  • A tight game that England, probably deservedly, just manage to win, 16-14.