OTHER GAMES WEEKEND OF FEB 3RD

13»

Comments

• Two takes from the Arsenal game.
    Why doesn’t the fourth official tell Arteta to “ kindly stay in your technical zone dear chap” or other words that I’m not allowed to say on here.
    The Sky commentator ( don’t know his name) won’t make old bones. His BP must be through the roof.
    Reeeeelax a bit mate.
  • I have to say that I am pleased that Arsenal took it to Liverpool, I would love Liverpools bubble to burst and I think it just might.

The only problem I have is Arteta, easily has the most punchable face in a parade of punchable faces.
  • Not that I care too much but how is that goal for Brentford allowed to stand? Toney clearly blocks off Ake without even going for the ball.
  • Held his ground.
  • Don't know how Brentford will withstand this. Surely they'll be exhausted after an hour.
  • It's a tale of 2 goalkeepers so far.
  • BBC posts, ' Flekken has made 10 ( TEN) saves already. First time a keeper has made 10 saves in a PL match since

Dubravka, a month ago.

Not exactly a stat to set us all agog 😂
  • edited February 6
    City the big winner this weekend, thanks Arsenal 🤮🤮🤮 totally agree with Carragher with Arsenal’s celebration after the game, OTT IMO…Typical Arsenal acting like they won the league, can’t wait for City to wipe the smile off Arteta and his efforts faces, The Gooners are bound to do their usual collapsing act…
  • edited February 6
    So we have a three horse race between Liverpool, City and Arsenal

At this point last season it was a two horse race between City and Arsenal but the previous three seasons either City or Liverpool were comfortably ahead at this stage and went on to win the title

You have to go back to 2015/16 for the last time we got this far with three possible contenders still in the mix, back then it was Leicester, City and Arsenal.
  • Wasn't there another team involved in 2015-16 who managed to come third in a two horse race? 🤔
  • edited February 6
    Indeed, they were in 4th, 2pts behind Arsenal and City

Guess I must have unconsciously overlooked them...
  • Athletic's Chelsea reporter Liam Twomey claims in his article "Chelsea and Project Pochettino" that,,,

"there is a view within Chelsea that the current first-team group is high on entitlement and low on hunger in some quarters. Some of the new arrivals have privately expressed regret at the long-term contracts they have signed and do not see the grand project that was sold to them in the first place.

Add to that the inconsistency of youth, the pressure of large price tags and the increasingly open disdain of their own supporters, and the result is a toxic mix."

Unfortunately you have to subscribe to read the whole article but

Oh dear. How Sad. Never mind,
  • Obviously they need to spend big in the summer.