Other matches, 30th & 31st December and 1st January

edited December 2023 in General Chatter
First up Luton v Chelsea, 12:30 TNT

Kenilworth Road is starting to get a bit tricky, last five games, two wins (Newcastle, Palace) one draw (Liverpool) and two loses (Arsenal, City) but only losing by one goal. Glad we went there early doors.

Comments

• I like Rod Edwards .Hope Luton win .even stay up
  • Chelsea 2-0 up, Cole Palmer with a goal and an assist
  • steve said:

I like Rod Edwards .Hope Luton win .even stay up

His brother Rob is better though hahaha
  • edited December 2023
    Villa v Burnley is a good watch

Cue, so are Rolex, Omega etc. =)
  • Why was the wolves player doing the cross arms when he scored ,Does he want to join us =)
  • Daws scores for Wolves 🤣
  • Now Cooper has gone .I dont mind Forest .So beat Man U and help us
  • Gary O'Neil
    👏👏👏
  • steve said:

Now Cooper has gone .I dont mind Forest .So beat Man U and help us

They're trying, they've taken the lead (as long as VAR doesn't over-rule it).
  • edited December 2023
    Forest keeper gifts Man Utd a goal when trying to play out from the back.

1-1.
  • Forest lead again 2-1
  • edited December 2023
    Brilliant counterattack goal by Forest 2-1
  • How can you not like breakaway goals. Great stuff Forest.
  • 2-1 to Forest now, their keeper partly redeems himself by making a decent save that almost immediately is followed by a Forest counter resulting in the goal.
  • edited December 2023
    love it more when its against Man u =)
  • Must admit I'm not sure where the 10 added minutes have come from, apart from, of course, the fact that Man Utd are losing.
  • Forest hang on, it finishes 2-1, Man Utd lose again, shame 😂🤣😂.
  • Arsenal take the lead after only 5 minutes against Fulham after we kept them out for 90 minutes, but they still managed to lose 2-1. Unfortunately Spurs are 3-1 up against Bournemouth deep into stoppage time.
  • That's like Chelsea at the start of the season, we beat them and it looks really good and then everyone does the same to dim your victory. Now it seems everyone is going to be beating Arsenal. Dec back in the conference next year at this rate.
  • Maybe it was the proximity of the games. We beat them and took the stuffing out of them. Even Artetasaid it was their worse game of the serasn. I'll wager they win their next game
  • Really not sure how the Liverpool vs Newcastle game is 0-0 at half time, equally not sure how Joe Linton has not got a yellow card.

Really poor performance by the Ref, I recommend he checks if he still has any hubcaps before leaving the car park
  • Really not sure how the Liverpool vs Newcastle game is 0-0 at half time, equally not sure how Joe Linton has not got a yellow card.

Really poor performance by the Ref, I recommend he checks if he still has any hubcaps before leaving the car park

I think the ref has been pretty good, tbh
  • Maybe I am being harsh, but I struggle with the Linton incident, he saw it and played advantage but did not go back and address it,

Shortly thereafter Linton came crashing in with a tackle worthy of a card yet he booked the Liverpool player for showing dissent.
  • edited January 1
    This second penalty is what's wrong with the game; there might have been a slight contact, but he threw himself to the ground when there was absolutely no reason why he couldn't stay on his feet.
  • The delay was odd & why he didn’t just take the goal himself, I don’t know.

But I am of the view that if a defender or keeper is rash in the box, makes contact & doesn’t get the ball, you are entitled to go down.
  • A bit of a weird game all in all, the records books will show 4-2 but imo, it does not reflect the game, Newcastle never really looked like scoring yet managed to get two and Liverpool could have had double figures.
  • edited January 1
    Lukerz said:

The delay was odd & why he didn’t just take the goal himself, I don’t know.

But I am of the view that if a defender or keeper is rash in the box, makes contact & doesn’t get the ball, you are entitled to go down.

When the contact is that slight and the fall that delayed it makes a mockery of the game imo. This should be included in a "highlights" reel of incidents that next season won't be given in future, players should be shown it at the start of next season, and refs should stick to their guns and refuse to give penalties for what is nothing more than a dive.

"Entitled to go down" is one of my most hated phrases in football commentary. With Liverpool or Man Utd this incident would be "he's entitled to go down", if it was a West Ham player it would be "there's not enough in it for me".
  • Salah will be such a miss. Not just his goals, but his assists and link up play make Liverpool tick.
  • Harvey Elliot I reckon will replace him and I think he will do a decent job on the left. Jota being back may help too.

Probably just a matter of time before Man City go to but its nice (for me anyway) that theyarent yet
  • Salah and Haaland are what give City and Liverpool the edge over Arsenal in my view. A real top class striker is very rare and those two are among the very best. I feel if we could somehow find one that is how we could take the next step as Bowen, Kudus and Paquetta working behind a top class striker would terrify defences.