Other matches Sat 7th & Sun 8th October

Spurs down to ten men as Yves Bissouma commemorates the passing of Francis Lee with a dive Tom Daley would be proud of

Spurs third kit is "Taupe Haze". Looks like school dinner gravy...

Comments

• edited October 2023

Spurs third kit is "Taupe Haze". Looks like school dinner gravy...

Hmm… school dinners. Those were the days.
    They actually used to cook food at my school back in the day. I bet they don’t any more.
  • Chelsea 1 down at Burnley
  • Man U 1 down =)
  • Onana is such a liability. Who will go first, him or Ten Hag?
  • Man Utd score twice in stoppage time to win 2-1 😭😭😭.
  • Uproar in the WSL match between Man City and Chelsea. Alex Greenwood was booked for timewasting; I don't know if she really was because the clip on the BBC only shows from immediately before she was booked. The issue seems to be that she was already on a yellow, so everyone is focusing on her getting sent off for timewasting. At the end of the BBC clip there's someone saying "the referee has to show some discretion".

My point here is that all too often we see refs refuse to book a player already on a yellow card for an offense (be it a tackle, timewasting, or whatever) because it will result in a red as well. As I say, I can't comment on how deserved the second yellow really was, but teams know that timewasting won't be tolerated this season so it's not like players aren't aware that they're running a risk of a card.
  • Our ladies currently leading 2-0 at Brighton as we go into 10 mins off added time. We've earned 5 yellows, at least one of which (maybe 2) were for timewasting.
  • edited October 2023
    Arsenal look like winning the most boring match this season with an own goal but given to Martinelli
  • Man Utd score twice in stoppage time to win 2-1 😭😭😭.

Yeah that Scottish guy, we should've been not all over him
  • Hate Arteta.
  • Don't worry. It'll be all the sweeter when they bottle it again.
  • My point here is that all too often we see refs refuse to book a player already on a yellow card for an offense (be it a tackle, timewasting, or whatever) because it will result in a red as well.

How prophetic was that, Bruno Guimarães would definitely have been given a yellow for the foul on JWP (I think it was) if he wasn't already in the book?

• I'd like to knock why Walker and Haaland weren't mentioned in the refs notes for having a go at one of the Arsenal staff after the final whistle. Whether they grt punished or not iwould be up to authorities but the incent should at least be mentioned, no?

I think I'll start a weekly Man City moan (but at this moment I am reasonably satisfied as they've lost two in a row)