Other matches 23rd - 27th September inc; Caribou Cup 3rd round

There isn't a 12:30 kick off today as apparently there has been a rule change and now any team playing Champions League on Wednesdays at 8pm cannot play Saturday lunchtime.

Burnley v Man Utd was supposed to be at 12:30 today but that has been put back to 8pm with Brentford v Everton at 5:30pm, City v Forest, Palace v Fulham and Luton v Wolves at 3pm.

You would have thought the powers that be could have shuffled the games around a bit but that seems to be beyond them.

Couldn't run a barh...

I'm back to work tomorrow after two weeks "summer" holiday and this is my last Saturday lunchtime not working until December. The only matches on the box are Livingstone v Celtic or Woking v York City so I suppose I'm going to have to go down the pub and pretend to be interested in the cricket!

Comments

• just after 8 am here in canada and the wife seems upset theres no early game as i am always baned to the bedroom to watch it ,so now i am watching some baking show with her .and for some reason she seems not herself =)
  • Looks like it is going to be along day in the field for NF, 2 down after 15mins and Citeh look like they are up for it
  • City down to 10 men. Rodri should definitely have gone Gibbs White reaction in going down was ridiculous.
  • I have Peacock so I can watch either the Luton game or the Palace game. I chose Luton and even with superior numbers I dont fancy them to get anything!
  • To be fair, NF showed a bit more promise and going into the half time break had managed to make more of a game of it,

Just when you think that City will Re establish dominance in the 2nd half, just 40secs in, Rodri loses his mind and gets himself sent off, really was not that much in the challenge and he could have and should have walked away, a moment of madness.

I fully expect City to hang on and see the game out but it has a different complexion, NF currently enjoying 70% possession.

Oh my Awoniyi and Ederson just squared up to each other which on another day could have resulted in more severe punishment for both of them.

Not sure how this one will end,
  • I’d like to be a fly on the wall when Pep gets them back into the dressing room after the game.
  • Luton score from a pen but wow! Ball kicked at defender from close range, hits his leg and bounces up above his head and hits his hand. Really harsh and VAR didnt overturn (assuming because arm was in an unnatural place but his body language to block the ball was pretty much fair enough).
  • Best result of the day - Brentford losing at home to Everton.
  • That's the worse result of the day ,I want Everton to go down
  • That Man Utd team looks awful. I know they’ve got about twelve out injured, but still.
  • I'm torn between watching the rugby or watching Man Utd get beat hahaha
  • I hope Burnley don't do a Wolves, have all the attacking threat and not score.
  • Johnny Evans' goal ruled out after a VAR check. Tee Hee.
  • Apparently Burnley have lodged a complaint with the FA because Maguire wasn't in the matchday squad. 😂🤣😂
  • steve said:

That's the worse result of the day ,I want Everton to go down

I can't stand Thomas Frank - so smug.
  • Watching MotD, Crystal Palace still have cheerleaders. How 1990s
  • Does anyone remember the Hammerettes? we were lucky if they managed to line up in a straight line
  • steve said:

That's the worse result of the day ,I want Everton to go down

I can't stand Thomas Frank - so smug.
    I don’t find him smug at all, tbh. I like him
  • Newcastle's shorts!?

• If we can’t have a great day next week against the Blades then we never will. They’re worse than abysmal agains Newcastle.
  • Sheffield United are worse than Luton.
  • But are they both worse then Chelsea =)
  • Must admit I'm not sure why that wasn't a penalty for the foul on Gordon, I've basically given up on any hope of VAR being consistent.
  • Referees have never been consistent so no reason why VAR should be any different,
  • Humans should not be doing VAR .A I should be doing it =)
  • I think we could be facing a new manager bounce next week now.