Next 8 Games (GW1-8)

2»

Comments

• alderz said:

Maybe that’s another question.

For the MoyesOut people, how many points for people think Moyes is the right man for the job? For ProMoyes, how many points for you to turn MoyesOut?

If we get 12 or more I'll be off Moyes's back for a few games, can't see it though tbh.
  • So extrapolating across a season, you are looking at - say - points for a top 10 finish to change your mind?
  • Pretty much, top half and I'll be fairly happy, can't face the worry of another relegation battle, especially one in which we play such awful football.
  • edited August 2023

alderz said:

Maybe that’s another question.

For the MoyesOut people, how many points for people think Moyes is the right man for the job? For ProMoyes, how many points for you to turn MoyesOut?

If we get 12 or more I'll be off Moyes's back for a few games, can't see it though tbh.
    Yeah, 12 and he'll have done enough I think.
    MrsGrey said:

So extrapolating across a season, you are looking at - say - points for a top 10 finish to change your mind?

For me, a lot will depend on the football we play. Ultimately it's a results business, but the performances have to improve massively for me to become even Moyes-neutral. Even in the ECL final, although I thoroughly enjoyed the result, I thought the performance was pretty poor, which is how I saw most of the season. No real identity, no Plan B, no obvious Plan A come to that, and far too passive in our approach, particularly against the bigger teams.
  • I appreciate it does me no credit but I reckon I have listened and read too much of the anti propaganda to see a way back to being pro our manager, sorry. I will always support whoever puts on a West Ham shirt but it won't mean I will like them playing for us. Some of the players David Moyes is looking to sign are just not right in my eyes as I feel there are better options but ho hum they will be some who can see no wrong in what he does so I have to respect that although I may not agree to it.
  • I still feel he should have stepped down whilst on top, the final would have been a fitting conclusion to a career that he can be proud of.

Knowing that we would be getting a sizable financial boost but also knowing that the team needs significant investment, I think he could/should have stepped aside and allowed a fresh face to take us forward - especially as there appeared to be a couple of options out there.

During last season, he did not show me that he had it in him to move away from his plan A and we became very predictable, hard working and reasonably effective, but dour to watch and I think that my expectations for this season have been appropriately managed.

For me, it is not just a matter of accumulating points over a set number of games but can he convince me that we can produce performances that give me some hope.

I think we will get 9 from these first games, we may get a couple more which would be nice but without an improvement in performance, even getting more points will still leave me feeling a little off.

If we end up with just a handful of points and the performances are off the pace, the pressure is going to build on him very quickly.

Ho hum

• The team will will be a shambles for a month. If we get 7 points I'll be resigned if we get 10 points I'll be pleased. However, expect me in the Positive Arms before every match 😄
  • Just checking on this, and after fewer than half the games DJ Hammer is already happy, as we've made it to 7!
  • It’s just a gift that I have. 😂😂
  • alderz said:

Just checking on this, and after fewer than half the games DJ Hammer is already happy, as we've made it to 7!

Now with 6 games and 10 points, almost everybody is ok.

Only fortune wanted more for it to be considered decent (14).

Lukerz+outcast probably want one more (11).
  • The team will will be a shambles for a month. If we get 7 points I'll be resigned if we get 10 points I'll be pleased. However, expect me in the Positive Arms before every match 😄

That comment aged well!
  • Everyone should be happy after 13 points from our first 7 games. That’s more than everyone said was the line, except @Fortuneseeker, who will be FURIOUS if we don’t get a point against Newcastle next time out.
  • I appreciate it does me no credit but I reckon I have listened and read too much of the anti propaganda to see a way back to being pro our manager, sorry. I will always support whoever puts on a West Ham shirt but it won't mean I will like them playing for us. Some of the players David Moyes is looking to sign are just not right in my eyes as I feel there are better options but ho hum they will be some who can see no wrong in what he does so I have to respect that although I may not agree to it.

I’m curious to know if your opinion has changed from here? This isn’t to dig you out I’m just genuinely curious. I can see why in the summer you might have felt that your opinion couldn’t change, but has the start we’ve had done anything?
  • What a great start to the season for a club like ours.

So far, it looks like we have made good use of the opportunity that Dec leaving created. Alvarez looks a good replacement. Soucek seems unleashed and Kudus looks promising.

COYI
  • What a great start to the season for a club like ours.

So far, it looks like we have made good use of the opportunity that Dec leaving created. Alvarez looks a good replacement. Soucek seems unleashed and Kudus looks promising.

COYI

And that’s not even mentioning the stand out signing so far in JWP 👍🏻⚒️

• And that’s not even mentioning the stand out signing so far in JWP 👍🏻⚒️

Why was JWP even in the team yesterday? No goal, no assist - absolutely useless! 😉
  • If we get 12 or more I'll be off Moyes's back for a few games, can't see it though tbh.

Very happy to have been wrong, Moyes has earned a bit of breathing space from me.

• I know he will be happy to her that buffy =)
  • I think we all would have fancied JWP, but I never had Kudus on my radar and I think he is going to be sensational for us, Alvarez looks the real deal and we avoided the potential banana skins of Maguire and Lingard.

All in all a really impressive transfer window and I have to give credit to DM and his team for that.
  • edited October 2023

All in all a really impressive transfer window and I have to give credit to DM and his team for that.

I think that's going too far tbh; although I'm pleased with the signings we did make, and that we avoided Maguire in particular, we still didn't address CF.

• Well we hit the highest target set.
    Onwards and upwards!