The Positive Vibe Thread

Rav made a good point in the transfer thread. Things have a got a bit heavy lately, largely due I suspect to how things are going at West Ham.

So how about a thread of positive things. Can be football related or not. Just things that make you happy.

I'll start.

The wonder of the funfair for No1 son

Comments

• Nice. I like this thread. I met a kitten in the pub on Saturday night and I'm still riding that high.
  • Can he play centre mid, anytime, even if it's a wet and windy night in Stoke?
  • I had a really nice morning fishing, so there’s that I s’pose.
  • Can he play centre mid, anytime, even if it's a wet and windy night in Stoke?

Nah, he's a fair-weather player at best.

To be honest, I made a conscious decision very early on not to force West Ham, or football, onto him. If he grows up to like it, great, if not, no problem.

He's all about Lego and Transformers right now and any kind of sport is way down on his list of priorities, despite what his t-shirt says.
  • Trump’s in court today.

Well it makes me happy.
  • Slacker said:

Trump’s in court today.

Well it makes me happy.

I reckon you won't be alone in that.
  • It’s not raining!🎉
  • Hold the front page!

It’s chucking it down.😡
  • Slacker said:

Hold the front page!

It’s chucking it down.😡

Wrong thread.
  • It's Friday 😊

• My Labrador sending out positivity.

• My Labrador sending out positivity.

That's more like it.

Here's my old boy, not shouting for once:

• We just bought a small weekend getaway place in Lake Geneva Wisconsin, from a lady who has been over here for 40 years and whose parents came from…….. Manor Park……I KNOW!,

When she found out my attachment to West Ham she laughed and said her cousins keep telling her that West Ham are MASSIVE.

Well it made me laugh

• Had a pleasant day out at Coggeshall to watch the local team take on Lashings. Met up with old work colleagues, had a few beers, well who's counting, watched John Embury and Chris Lewis and a few others on a pleasant sunny afternoon. A really good day only spoilt by the constant drivel spouted out by the match commentator Henry Blofeld. 😡
  • Oh come on Herb, who couldn’t like Henry’s “I say, there’s a pigeon walking up the Cromwell Road, and I do believe he has a limp.”

Glad you had a good day though. =)
  • We went to a gig on Sunday and had such a good time that we’ve just impromptu bought tickets to see the same band again tomorrow… in Halifax! Good thing it’s payday 🙃
  • You groupie you. 😉
  • Sun is shining. Golf or fishing, chosen golf.
  • Just want to say I’m feeling surprisingly positive about West Ham at the moment. Appreciate that might be controversial.
  • Not at all.
  • Just want to say I’m feeling surprisingly positive about West Ham at the moment. Appreciate that might be controversial.

Not controversial at all, delusional, maybe 😉

• Cut the grass.
    Looks great.

As you were.
  • Sun is shining. Golf or fishing, chosen golf.

Good call !

I played earlier, not too ropey, glorious weather, bowl of chips and real ale afterwards. Snooker tonight and another beer - happy days

Also 4 points from 2 games for the Massive Ironsd =)
  • edited August 2023
    alderz said:

We went to a gig on Sunday and had such a good time that we’ve just impromptu bought tickets to see the same band again tomorrow… in Halifax! Good thing it’s payday 🙃

Update: Halifax is pretty far away, but if anyone ever gets the chance to see a show at The Piece Hall I would really recommend it. It's an outdoor venue in, what I think is, a Roman looking courtyard (that I have now found out is not Roman).

• Halifax takes forever to get to, even from Manchester hahaha
  • Nah .... Not if you fly to Leeds Bradford
  • Alderz, that’s IMO a really stunning setting 👍🏻
  • Went there last year - it was built in 1779 for the trading of 30 yard 'pieces' of woolen cloth woven on hand looms. Also went to Saltaire not far away which is a World Heritage site consisting of a whole village and industrial textile mill complex built by Titus Salt from 1850. Both very impressive and really interesting to visit.