Transfer Rumours (Cresswell)

Comments

• Not sure what is going on with Cresswell. Very weird to not train after 8/9 years at the club?
  • Lukerz said:

Not sure what is going on with Cresswell. Very weird to not train after 8/9 years at the club?

Especially when it looks as if it's not our fault.
  • I read a rumour that the club denied him a testimonial. I know that's just hear say but something has happened.
  • There must be something going on. Can’t believe he there isn’t more to it.
  • Isn't it most likely that a deal is very close and we're reluctant to risk him getting injured?
  • Isn't it most likely that a deal is very close and we're reluctant to risk him getting injured?

Yeah but that's not as juicy

I think so. The rumours are that Wolves couldn't afford the £5m were where asking for, but they've just sold Ryan Giles to Luton for about that figure so I guess we'll find out soon enough whether that was the reason.
  • Please stay Cressie I like you
  • edited July 2023
    Has been a good servant to the club. Imo (based on what I've seen) a model professional. A good example to new signings/young players coming through. I think a club like ours needs players like that (well, I think all clubs need players like that, if they want to have an identity and an ethos, continuity).

I know some folks have criticised his quality (been a few dips in form), but he's played PL first team (first XI) football for a decade. Everybody has a few dips.

You can't say he's 'not PL standard'.
    #
    Dunno how accurate Wikipedia is on this, but it says he's 2nd, behind Noble, for club appearances.

Of course, he's coming towards that stage of his career where he'll start to move down the levels a bit (a sub rather than starter, or go to PL newly promoted clubs, or Champo standard).

Glad I saw him jigging about on the open-topped bus after the Euro win. Highlight of his career?
  • 4M plus a clause that says they dont bid on Scott (I do like Cresswell too and agree with all the above positives. I dont think any high level player should have a testimonil these days unless the proceeds are given to a charity)