Just how superstitious are you all?

Comments

• Is Dave wearing Hamstew's clothes?
  • Hamstew said:

alderz said:

You had a very hot streak of 4 wins on the bounce in December 2018, and you've won 2 out of 6 since then, so no, not really.

I'm basically Moyes. Good times are just around the corner.
    “ I open threads, that’s what I do! “
  • Ravel49 said:

I try to avoid 3 drains
    And I still salute magpies 🫡

You know this a West Ham forum =)

• If nothing else, there's been some cracking comments in here, 55 "Made me laugh"s, 12 "Excellent"s and 6 "I agree"s so far, all from 33 comments.
  • buffy,

It's Cup Final euphoria 🥳🥳🥳
  • Every time I see this thread title I can't help but think

• steve said:

Or someone needs to figure out who has the best record of opening match threads

on more recent form;

Seem to recall Steve had 4 wins prior to his humiliation against Newcastle whereas I had 5 wins prior to being robbed by LiVARpool

just sayin =)

However Steve's opening comments much more entertaining
  • steve said:

I hosted two matches in february 2019 vs Liverpool and Palace and they were both draws.
    So i have a 100% record of not losing =)

• mike said:

steve said:

I hosted two matches in february 2019 vs Liverpool and Palace and they were both draws.
    So i have a 100% record of not losing =)

Then you forgot to start the thread for the Fulham game after the international break, so ammerinaberdeen did it and we won 3-1.
  • If we'd have actually done the sensible thing and actually checked prior to opening the thread if Mrs G actually wanted to do the final then the above comments would never have happened! So, a triumph for not doing the sensible thing :)
  • Bazshuayi said:

If we'd have actually done the sensible thing and actually checked prior to opening the thread if Mrs G actually wanted to do the final then the above comments would never have happened! So, a triumph for not doing the sensible thing :)

I did PM her first.
  • Bazshuayi said:

If we'd have actually done the sensible thing and actually checked prior to opening the thread if Mrs G actually wanted to do the final then the above comments would never have happened! So, a triumph for not doing the sensible thing :)

I did PM her first.
    So a triumph for doing the sensible thing. 😂

• alderz said:

I told my fiancé about this, and she mocked me

alderz said:

I told my fiancé about this, and she mocked me

So good I quoted it twice.
  • So, I think the consensus is that we'll leave it up to the team to decide; if they avoid defeat against Leicester today, I'll open the thread.

Bear with me though please, I've got food poisoning atm, I can barely keep sips of water down and haven't slept all night so opening the thread may not be instantaneous.
  • Wish you better soon.
  • Get well soon Buffy, do you know what caused it?
  • Wasn't that lasagne from N17 by any chance =)
  • Get well soon Buffy.
  • Yikes. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Get well soon buffy
  • Cheers guys, it's my own fault I suspect, Chinese takeaway leftovers that I was too stupid to refrigerate/reheat adequately.
  • alderz said:

steve said:

IronHerb said:

Over 1, 3 and 5 years. This is important! 😧

Make a flippant comment, and you shall receive.

You'll be surprised how easy it was to do this, but I've just gone back through match thread history and added the thread creator to a list of fixtures and results. Interestingly, the match thread tag is only reliable going back to a 2-0 win over Watford in February 2018, so I've stopped there.

Over the past 252 matches, we have had 12 incidents where we have not lost a game, and the person in the hot seat has NOT opened the next match thread (more than I was expecting). Of those 12 matches, we have won 5 and lost 7, including 6 of the last 8.

In terms of performance, we have two people that have a 100% win record on match threads. @EXETERHAMMER, who opened an EFL Cup 2nd Round thread against Charlton, where we won 3-0, and then subsequently wasn't quick enough to start the next thread so @imagelost did it and we lost 2-1 to Arsenal. And - and I think this is the clincher - @buffybegood.

According to the data, buffy has only ever opened two match threads - the wins against AZ and Leeds in the last week.

MrsGrey has also opened two match threads, but has a 50% win rate - a 2-0 win against Newcastle in March 2019, which was followed up by a 2-0 away defeat at Cardiff City the next Saturday.

In the past year, @steve is our best performer, with 7 wins out of 12 threads (58%). In the past three years, @Ravel49 has a 60% win rate with 3 wins from 5 games. And in the past five years, it's @Hamstew with 6 wins out of 10 threads.
    Gotta be a job for Steve, imo
  • Steve, Rav, Hamstew cage match on Saturday at 3pm to decide who opens the thread.

• We'll have no clowning around in cage please.
  • Mrs G, give the people what they want..

🗣️
    ‘OPEN THE THREAD’
    ‘OPEN THE THREAD’
    ‘OPEN THE THREAD’

*unless you really don’t want to
    In that case..

🗣️
    ‘SOMEONE OPEN THE THREAD’
  • Perhaps the cage peope should contribute a paragraph or two each? A joint final effort. I'm sure the mods could tinker with the thread initial to incorporate
  • Good idea. All three get bans if we lose.
  • The first ChatGPT thread?
  • I was going to have a shave last night but I fell asleep. I don't know if it will be bad luck to have one when I get home from work or wait until the final whistle. What should I do?
  • As long as it’s not a cut throat razor.