England Vs Senegal - Sunday 4th Dec - 7.00pm Kick Off

2»

Comments

• England play 10 minutes of non boring football and Senegal feel it!!
  • Bazshuayi said:

LIVERPOOLS Henderson with a cracking opener ;)

Despite me being possibly perceived as anti-Liverpool (probably because I am 😂🤣😂), even I said he'd be hard done by to be dropped when it was suggested he was going to be earlier on today.
  • To be fair, you know that Sunderland features heavily on my house so with Pickfords save and Hendersons goal, it is not hard to imagine the banter in my house right now.

Could this be Sunderland winning the World Cup…………..
  • First half kinda sums up how I see England; quite good when we up the tempo, but boring and not very good when we try to be a "good" team by trying to dominate possession. It's been the same for a good while now, our players are at their best when they play a high tempo game, yet all too often we try to play a different game at international level.

In all honesty, we could have been behind before we scored, big mistakes by Maguire and Saka could easily have led to a goal for Senegal.
  • Btw, I think Senegal's manager/coach (Cisse?) looks dreadful in jogging bottoms and a hoodie; I'm not saying you have to wear a suit as a manager, but he looks like someone from the 90's going to sign on.
  • Henderson, Yes - to be fair my son had him as first scorer - is he a time traveler

WHO?
  • Maguire, hero to zero tonight at the moment.
  • 3-0 up now, time to switch some players. Any/all of Kane, Foden, Saka, Walker and Bellingham should be off now imo.
  • I think he should use subs in the last ten minutes to give as yet unused players a little game time, allow them to have been a part of the tournament. There is no chance we are giving away three goals in ten minutes, and they are all capable as otherwise they wouldn't be there.
  • Henderson, Yes - to be fair my son had him as first scorer - is he a time traveler

WHO?
    Ok- My step-son……..if that was indeed the query……….
  • To be fair, you know that Sunderland features heavily on my house so with Pickfords save and Hendersons goal, it is not hard to imagine the banter in my house right now.

Could this be Sunderland winning the World Cup…………..

Did you spot Pritchard, a big West Ham fan, giving the crossed arms when he scored yesterday against Millwall? Good lad. ⚒
  • Normally I like GNev, but just before I turned off the TV I heard him say ' these lads haven't put a foot wrong on the pitch or off it for the last couple of years '.

Obvs has memory problems.

WHO?
    Time traveller - Dr. WHO =)

Sometimes I'm so obtuse I don't even understand what I mean myself. =)

WHO?
    Time traveller - Dr. WHO =)

Sometimes I'm so obtuse I don't even understand what I mean myself. =)
    👍
  • Well I for one enjoyed that last night.Took a while to get going again but in the end we strolled it against the best team in Africa didn’t we?
    Obviously a big step up on Saturday against La belle France but what a match to look forward to.
    Can’t wait.
  • edited December 2022
    MrsG, Gary Neville must suffer from memory loss because didn't he criticise Qatar & now ......! :p
  • MrsGrey said:

Normally I like GNev, but just before I turned off the TV I heard him say ' these lads haven't put a foot wrong on the pitch or off it for the last couple of years '.

Well off it I can immediately think of Grealish, Walker and Foden...

That said, nobody else comes to mind. Anyone else?
  • The fact he said “on or off” means he’s including performances. What about the nations League?!
  • What about the Nations League? 😄
  • Bazshuayi said:

MrsGrey said:

Normally I like GNev, but just before I turned off the TV I heard him say ' these lads haven't put a foot wrong on the pitch or off it for the last couple of years '.

Well off it I can immediately think of Grealish, Walker and Foden...

That said, nobody else comes to mind. Anyone else?
    Only just (doh) realized those 3 are all City players. Another reason for not wanting them to win the league. Go on Arsenal!
This discussion has been closed.