Champions League final

2»

Comments

• If they had won the quadruple, we would never hear the end of it. In fact I would probably still be hearing about after my death when I'd be six foot under hahaha
  • edited May 2022
    They're already unbearable. Also there's the cup final, never forgiven them for pressuring Scaloni into a poor clearance (bounced the ball at him then chased him down after we put it out for an "injury" to their player) which lead to their equaliser. And, to cap it all, really can't stand smug Klopp.
  • Scaloni chase down definitely agree. It's annoyed me ever since.
  • Excuse my ignorance but why do so many people not like Liverpool, please enlighten me?

Don't hate Liverpool....just they have unbearable fans who , while being very passionate, do go on when they win something... moreso than any other fans I've seen

The Carabao and FA cup haven't been held I that big a esteem (especially the carabao) untill they win it and its like they are the first team in history to win it

Also Klopp, the man is painted as this amazing great guy who is the nicest guy ever but literally anytime he drops a point he comes out and slam the other teams for not going toe to toe with them and moans about decisions despite the fact they get more than any other team out there
  • Excuse my ignorance but why do so many people not like Liverpool, please enlighten me?

Everyone I know who's a Liverpool fan has been annoying since they won the premier league I have known them.
    Fixed it for you =)
  • Not funny
  • Thanks for your feedback
  • Your post is important to me..
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster

I think this is also a reason why Liverpool fans are disliked they seem to forget their role in getting English clubs banned from Europe as do the media whereas we still get beaten over the head with our fans past. Not saying other english fans were not also partly responsible for the ban as back then multiple problems existed but Hysel was the worst. Plus a general media love in and coverage of games where they talk about Liverpool (and other big 6 clubs) whilst covering other teams games. I have some Liverpool supporting mates and not one of them has seen Liverpool play at Anfield but I get on fine with them as long as they don't start trying to give it the big one about how their teams is the best ever etc etc. I asked 3 of them to go out and watch the game Saturday and they all chose to stay in watch on the TV like they do most Liverpool games. Maybe I am just getting grumpy in my old age :-)
  • Why should all Liverpool fans take responsibility for something caused by a small number of them. I certainly don't think the actions of any thugs who support West Ham are anything to do with me, and I'd resent anyone who tried to lump me in with them.
  • I don't think all Liverpool fans should take responsibility same way all England fans are not responsible for getting next England game played behind closed doors. Its more the general image of the club portrayed never mentions the bad bits but thats the same for all the big 6 where as clubs like West Ham every incident with fans will get mentioned in the match report. Maybe its as much the media bias i dislike as the plastic fans, its hard to explain and maybe i did n't get my point across very well but it almost seems Liverpool fans are beyond reproach in the media. I think this may go back to the awful events of Hillsborough and the awful reporting by the media back then. Anyway I won't mention it again
  • Fair enough. I'm finding the current coverage, and how the Hillsborough narrative is/isn't being referred to by the media, quite interesting.
  • French police are thugs. I’ve seen them liberally use water cannons and other riot tools on fans, especially those from suburbs who sit in cheaper seats, for no reason. If they have an image of who they need to beat down then they’ll use all the freedom they have. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they had just decided Liverpool fans were that kind of threat.
  • French police are thugs. I’ve seen them liberally use water cannons and other riot tools on fans, especially those from suburbs who sit in cheaper seats, for no reason. If they have an image of who they need to beat down then they’ll use all the freedom they have. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they had just decided Liverpool fans were that kind of threat.

Not sure you need the word “French” there tbh
  • alderz said:

French police are thugs. I’ve seen them liberally use water cannons and other riot tools on fans, especially those from suburbs who sit in cheaper seats, for no reason. If they have an image of who they need to beat down then they’ll use all the freedom they have. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they had just decided Liverpool fans were that kind of threat.

Are you tarring all policemen with the same brush then?
  • DJ Hammer said:

alderz said:

French police are thugs. I’ve seen them liberally use water cannons and other riot tools on fans, especially those from suburbs who sit in cheaper seats, for no reason. If they have an image of who they need to beat down then they’ll use all the freedom they have. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they had just decided Liverpool fans were that kind of threat.

Nope, I have known plenty of police officers who have good motives. But I do completely believe that the institutions of policing are broken. You only have to have a cursory glance at the news to see articles about awful behaviour from police in France, England, Israel, Brazil and America.

When we're only a year after the met beating women and trampling memorials at a vigil for a woman murdered by their colleague, I think it's pretty fair to be unimpressed with the police.
  • It is very easy to sit back and say “what on earth were they thinking” and “in which universe did they think that would be ok” etc, however, having never stepped in their shoes, whenever I find my self going there, I always try and check myself before losing it completely

• alderz said:

DJ Hammer said:

alderz said:

Nope, I have known plenty of police officers who have good motives. But I do completely believe that the institutions of policing are broken. You only have to have a cursory glance at the news to see articles about awful behaviour from police in France, England, Israel, Brazil and America.

When we're only a year after the met beating women and trampling memorials at a vigil for a woman murdered by their colleague, I think it's pretty fair to be unimpressed with the police.
    I used to be very close to the police service here in Northern Ireland and I have two sons who are currently members of the PSNI, one is with the murder squad and the other is with traffic branch (we don’t talk too much about him). I am so proud of both of them and I know that they chose a career in policing for all the right reasons and because they wanted to make a difference. You will always get bad apples in any profession and people who will shout about the “bad police”. It’s an extremely difficult job that they do and it isn’t they who have “broken” the system as you put it.
  • DJ Hammer said:

alderz said:

DJ Hammer said:

alderz said:

I used to be very close to the police service here in Northern Ireland and I have two sons who are currently members of the PSNI, one is with the murder squad and the other is with traffic branch (we don’t talk too much about him). I am so proud of both of them and I know that they chose a career in policing for all the right reasons and because they wanted to make a difference. You will always get bad apples in any profession and people who will shout about the “bad police”. It’s an extremely difficult job that they do and it isn’t they who have “broken” the system as you put it.
    With respect DJ I don't think Alderz is exactly saying that. It's not the people, it's the system. Any institution that deals with discipline issues internally is set for eventual failure, no matter how good individual officers are. Anyway I have no wish to offend a fellow WHU606er, and every citizen who wants to make a difference has my best wishes 👍
  • DJ Hammer said:

alderz said:

DJ Hammer said:

alderz said:

With respect DJ I don't think Alderz is exactly saying that. It's not the people, it's the system. Any institution that deals with discipline issues internally is set for eventual failure, no matter how good individual officers are. Anyway I have no wish to offend a fellow WHU606er, and every citizen who wants to make a difference has my best wishes 👍
    👍