Krallelujah!

2»

Comments

• It’s probably Soucek. Player to chief scout to co-owner.
  • edited September 2021
    I'm in!

It looks to me that the club are planning for next season. Rice gets sold Kral forms a partnerships with Soucek who is also made Captain, and the Rice money gets invested to improve elsewhere.

In theory we can keep Rice one more year due to the option for an extra year on the contract but I suspect he will push next summer and be allowed to leave.
  • Maybe he'll see how well we can do and decide to stay with us for the champions league games =)
  • Each time I check in and see this post I am just so impressed with the quality of trolling that Alderz has reached, he could actually hire himself out!
  • Soucek and Kral played alongside each other this evening for the Czech Republic.

I hate our players being on international duty, lovely for them and all that but I recall Rice returning injured for our run in last season which probably cost a Champions League place and if I dare allow my mind go to poor old Dean Aston it's just too much.
  • Hi Wombat - Pat Holland scored in a 1-1 draw with Leeds in my first ever match at UP 14th April 1973

Hi Brother Sledge. Amazingly, that was also my first game at West Ham too. I remember Bobby Ferguson landing on his head from a great height and Clyde Best having to go in goal. Is that the one?
    Hi Deanscale - yes that's the game , I was 12, Sledgehammer was 9 and we had to climb up the girders at the back of the North Bank to be able to see anything.
  • edited September 2021
    I like the caption with that picture ASLEF
    “ Clyde Best in goal with Billy Bremner standing behind him looking annoyed”.
    Did Billy Bremner have any other look?
  • Dodger58 said:

I like the caption with that picture ASLEF
    “ Clyde Best in goal with Billy Bremner standing behind him looking annoyed”.
    Did Billy Bremner have any other look?

Best ask Wombat, He's our resident Leeds United guru =)
  • I’m pretty sure Billy Bremner came from middle earth along with Auks, Hobbits Smeegle and other such nasty things.
  • My dear old father in law was from Barnsley and used to go to Leeds utd where he was always by the half way line. He told me that one match Bremner shouted out to the ref, “come on ref your bl**dy useless. The ref replied “thy’s not exactly having a blinder thyself lad”. =)
  • Should a Yorkshire ref have been on a Leeds game.
  • It was a long time ago so I have no knowledge of what the rules were. Just thought I’d post it as it was a light-hearted bit of banter which people might enjoy.
  • Thorn, the refs back then weren't on £70k and being chauffeured all over the country.
    I watched a Big Match revisited on the box the other day and even Brian Moore referred to the ref as Mr.
  • We need a "tongue in cheek" emoji...