Soucek a rising star

BBC sport has an article about our slow, gangly, clumsy player. If you were keen on Soucek before, you would love him even more aftrr reading the article

Comments

• Thankyou buffybegood
  • Good read I think he is probably my favourite player at the moment as he attitdue is so good and he seems like suck a top bloke
  • Good read I think he is probably my favourite player at the moment as he attitdue is so good and he seems like suck a top bloke

And extra marks for the “potato salad “
    Seriously though, fantastic signing along with his Czech mucker 👌⚒👌⚒
  • It's a shame he and Vlad haven't been able to play in front of fans this season as they would most definitely be feeling the love.
  • His potato salad remark was right up there with the Peter Crouch one... =)
  • We take two of their best players and Slavia Prague still manage to beat Leicester away 0-2 to go through to the next round of the Europa league. Someone is clearly doing something right at that club.

I feel sure Moyes would have been watching that game to see if he could identify any others who may fit into our plans knowing we have the added pull of their team mates and good relations at the club already. Being able to evaluate them against good premiership opposition would have been invaluable as a scout.
  • We take two of their best players and Slavia Prague still manage to beat Leicester away 0-2 to go through to the next round of the Europa league. Someone is clearly doing something right at that club.

I feel sure Moyes would have been watching that game to see if he could identify any others who may fit into our plans knowing we have the added pull of their team mates and good relations at the club already. Being able to evaluate them against good premiership opposition would have been invaluable as a scout.

I wonder if anyone has floated the idea of some kind of partnership. Slavia seem to be one of a very few clubs that Sullivan has a good relationship with, and they appear to accept that their best payers will always leave (presumably at a good profit each time).

We've been heavily linked with Sima and Kolar over the last couple of windows, so I can only see the relationship strengthening. Maybe some kind of formal tie up like Man Utd have with Royal Antwerp could be on the cards, whereby we help them out by offering to loan them our best youngsters (although whether they need them is another matter) and we have unofficial 'first dibs' on players they're prepared to sell (if that's even a legal thing).

I wonder if anyone has floated the idea of some kind of partnership. Slavia seem to be one of a very few clubs that Sullivan has a good relationship with, and they appear to accept that their best payers will always leave (presumably at a good profit each time).

We've been heavily linked with Sima and Kolar over the last couple of windows, so I can only see the relationship strengthening. Maybe some kind of formal tie up like Man Utd have with Royal Antwerp could be on the cards, whereby we help them out by offering to loan them our best youngsters (although whether they need them is another matter) and we have unofficial 'first dibs' on players they're prepared to sell (if that's even a legal thing).
    I know it's a game, but Football Manager always gives clubs the option of creating an affiliate link with one Senior and one Junior affiliate. The Senior affiliate gives the Junior one money for certain benefits. In FM some of the benefits can be like the Senior club has a club to send players on loan to, the Junior club can benefit from those players; the Senior club has first option on Junior clubs players; a shared scouting network; etc.

Also, in the actual real world there are arrangements like Man City and Girona, Man Utd's former arrangement with Antwerp, and then more structured ones like RB Leipzig & Salzburg.
  • edited February 2021
    alderz said:

Also, in the actual real world there are arrangements like Man City and Girona, Man Utd's former arrangement with Antwerp, and then more structured ones like RB Leipzig & Salzburg.

And the best f them all - West Ham and Slavia Prague
  • It’s his birthday today, I hope he has a good one
  • Man City 0-3 Souček
  • I do hope that whoever is in charge of putting the pre season matches together will arrange the one in the week before the start to be Slavia Prague at home. We can all then make our choice of who else we want.
  • Can you make a potato salad birthday cake?
  • Can you make a potato salad birthday cake?