Next 8 Games

2Β»

Comments

• 3 games in and we have 7 points already. Seeing that most of us agreed to something around the 11/12 point mark we aren't too far off that anymore.

Probably time to check out the run-ins of the teams around us to see how we compare.
  • edited February 2021
    Not sure why you're worrying about the other teams Munich. We win our games we at least stay where we are and if we loser then we drop down a bit.
    Saying that, as it stands we have to play teams in the following league positions: - 😁

1 - A
    12 - H
    2 - A
    10 - H
    11 - A
    3 - H
    17 - A
    5 - H
    15 - A
    7 - H
    16 - A
    19 - A
    13 - H
  • Herb - when you put it like that - 8/13 final games against bottom half sides - you start to get my hopes up πŸ˜‚
  • Lukerz said:

Herb - when you put it like that - 8/13 final games against bottom half sides - you start to get my hopes up πŸ˜‚

We're gonna win the league, aren't we...
  • IronHerb said:

Not sure why you're worrying about the other teams Munich.

I don't trust those pesky Northern Londoners. I wouldn't want to finish 4th just to miss out on CL millions because Arsenal or Spurs win the Europa League and Liverpool win the Champions League.
    So preferably I would like to move up the table rather than down. πŸ˜‰

I quickly looked at the run-ins the other day and together with Liverpool we have one of the easiest! I wouldn't want to end the season like Chelsea who play ManCity (a), Arsenal (h), Leicester (h) and Villa (a) in their final four games. In the reverse fixtures this season they got 1 point out of those games, scoring 3 and shipping 9.
  • We probably got what most of us would have predicted from the opening three fixtures, just in a different manner. Most of us would have had Fulham, Sheffield as wins and Spurs a draw, so we are probably not ahead of prediction yet just a in a happier way, we have given Scottie a point but taken all three of the Kane gang. I am not unhappy with that start especially as we have an easy three at the weekend.
  • Bump.

(We're on 6)
  • 10 points from 5 games so far. Wow! Surely we couldn't ... could we?
  • edited March 2021
    Ok. I'll be that guy πŸ˜‰

We're not going to go unbeaten until the end of the season.
    So what is the first game we' ll lose, that you'll be ok with?
    I don't think we will beat Man U. And that's ok.

But equally I won't be flabbergasted if we win.
  • You're right MrsG, we won't go to the end of the season unbeaten, but 7 wins and 4 draws should do it.  😎
  • IronHerb said:

You're right MrsG, we won't go to the end of the season unbeaten, but 7 wins and 4 draws should do it.  😎

But wouldn't that mean we go unbeaten to the end of the season? πŸ€”πŸ˜
  • I was drunk on success.  ☺️
  • Minimum 14. Hopefully Manchester United won’t beat us three times in the same season. FA Cup 6th round day is the 20th so the Arsenal game will have to be moved. πŸ˜‰

So unfortunately they did. 😑 I feel it was more down to one of DM selection errors which he has now done twice at Old Trafford. Does everyone else think it is now six wins out of the last 10 to stand any real chance of Europa qualification?
  • edited March 2021
    I think the players should be asking a question of him as he would them tomorrow morning. With the wind in their sails and a dream way beyond expectations becoming a possibility they had every right to go for it this evening.

I found the sky pundits of Neville, Redknapp and Zamora all called it right along with almost all forum posters here and elsewhere, so I don't imagine the players themselves will have been on board with his way of setting them up this evening.
  • So these were the 8:

06-Feb - Fulham - A - DRAW
    15-Feb - Sheffield United - H - WIN
    21-Feb - Tottenham Hotspur - H - WIN
    27-Feb - Manchester City - A - LOSS
    06-Mar - Leeds United - H - WIN
    13-Mar - Manchester United - A - LOSS
    20-Mar - Arsenal - H - DRAW
    03-Apr - Wolverhampton Wanderers - A - WIN

14 points from the 8 games, which is a pretty great return.

The average response from us all was that 12 would be the an acceptable return, and only one person said over 14 (but I assume 24/24 was a joke).