Other games 5/6/7 December

2»

Comments

• I think PSG went off on support. According to the reports I've read ( still a bit unclear though).
  • Yes I think they did. Though Tuchel himself seemed to oppose the stop. Was arguing with a Basaksehir player.
  • Heard Carlton Cole on the radio this morning saying he wouldn't have been offended by what was said although the context hasn't been confirmed.
  • IronHerb said:

Heard Carlton Cole on the radio this morning saying he wouldn't have been offended by what was said although the context hasn't been confirmed.

I hate that media outlets get people who have literally no involvement to give their opinions on things like this. I’m sure they could have interviewed plenty of people that would have been offended too.
  • edited December 2020
    There are no fans so it's very clear what it sounds like and why Webo is upset. Demba Ba then gives a very good explanation of why their excuse is still not acceptable. Instead of arguing over it, football should take it as a chance to learn from what Ba was telling the referee. Officials can learn from it about how they should speak. Whether Carlton Cole or Micah Richards personally would be offended doesn't matter. They also haven't played their careers in countries where they might have been referred to by their race quite regularly.

I really don't think an English official would get away with telling a referee to book the "black guy".
  • alderz said:

IronHerb said:

Heard Carlton Cole on the radio this morning saying he wouldn't have been offended by what was said although the context hasn't been confirmed.

I hate that media outlets get people who have literally no involvement to give their opinions on things like this. I’m sure they could have interviewed plenty of people that would have been offended too.
    He was interviewed per se. He was in the studio for a 2-3 hour stint.
  • Outcast :+1:

I completely agree with all of that. It would be nice if people could use this as an opportunity to be better, not to argue the toss and wriggle out of it.
  • Dundalk v Arsenal

Dundalk shirt sponsor is Fyffes and the goalie is wearing all yellow.

Coincidence?