Other Games 6th - 9th

Man Utd and Everton both looking average as heck this afternoon

Comments

• Everyone at BT Sport seems to have missed Maguire's push before Pickford dropped the ball
  • Everyone at BT Sport seems to have missed Maguire's push before Pickford dropped the ball

I originally thought that's what the VAR was looking at. :ok
  • Pickford’s game now is to hope that the ball is dead and then attack opposition centre backs
  • Another ridiculous offside decision, this time against Patrick Bamford. He points to where he wants the ball played and his pointing arm means that he's offside and the goal ruled out =)
    #youcouldn'tmakeitup
  • Another ridiculous offside decision, this time against Patrick Bamford. He points to where he wants the ball played and his pointing arm means that he's offside and the goal ruled out =)
    #youcouldn'tmakeitup

This is the second time someone has been judged offside by an arm or elbow, has the rule changed so that any part of the body counts as offside now, or is the rule still any part that can score, and it's another mistake?
  • Buffy

It’s any part you can score with, BUT the handball rule has changed so you can score with any part of your ‘T-shirt’ which means the upper bicep isn’t handball anymore. So, technically, it’s a correct decision. But yet again highlights how terrible the rules are.
  • Thanks for that alderz, I wasn't aware of that distinction, which, tbh, I think makes things clearer. Still doesn't excuse the elbow one though 😂🤣😂.
  • edited November 2020
    I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm rooting for the Chavs tonight. B)

#McBabeColinTevez£25m

Edit:
    Of course, there's an ulterior motive for this - the Chavs may start to think that they don't need Deccers.
    In fact, I may start rooting for them until the end of the January transfers.
    Now where's that carbolic mouthwash? =)

COYI
  • How short is Kante?!
  • Or, how tall is Tammy Abraham?!
  • I'm with Bubbles here, would rather Chelsea win than SU get anything from the game. 2-1 to Chelsea atm, very poor from SU for the second goal, no doubt it was our fault really though.
  • Oh dear, 4-1, never mind.
    Is it too early to say, Bye, Bye, Blunts?
  • Yes. They play us next.
  • See Diang has been dropped to the bench for today’s game.
  • We defend better than Chelsea. I can't see Sheffield scoring. There, I've said it. 2-0 Hammers.

COYI
  • Lukerz said:

See Diang has been dropped to the bench for today’s game.

Seen this

Do feel sorry for Diangana, think that WBA are a championship team, they just aren't good enough

Still think he has great potential, also think he looks very dangerous when I've seen him...just a bit of a hot/cold player

EDIT: Just checked on twitter, their fans are saying that while he has been struggling him and Perreira are their biggest creative outlets and they can't understand why he isn't playing today
  • Poor Slav, Spurs score with 3 mins to go
  • Yeh not a great weekend for ex player/managers of ours in last minutes of games....
  • But a great weekend for our current manager in last minutes of games.....
  • Given all the quality they posses, & I know they are now top of the league, Spurs’ attacking play & their general play is really, really dour
  • edited November 2020
    IronHerb said:

But a great weekend for our current manager in last minutes of games.....

True, but he was not impressed with how we played after we scored, but it's a results game and we got lucky!

• There's no midfield spark now Eriksens gone. Mind, Mourinho has never been over bothered with that.
    The game also showed that beating the 'lower' teams is just as difficult as beating the 'top' teams.
  • They have scored 19 goals in 8 games. If we played dour football that successful I wouldn't mind
  • Lo Celso could be that player, but think Mou doesn't like him

Midfield 3 of Sissoko, Ndombele and Hojbjerg doesn't have much creativity

Very reliant on their front 3 for creativity, almost similar to Liverpool.....Workman midfield 3 and dynamic front 3, with width from their full back
  • Leicester have had 2 penalties making 8 for season so far! Vardy misses one =)
  • Well they do have god on there side
  • I’ve thought Ndombele is quite creative when I’ve seen him. His physical attributes mean people think of him as a Sissoko type player but think he’s actually a bit like Pogba (the one that plays for France).
  • edited November 2020

Leicester have had 2 penalties making 8 for season so far! Vardy misses one =)

And we're one of 4 teams who have not had a single one awarded to us, the others being West Brom, Burnley, and Wolves.
    Obvious bias against teams with West in their name or wear claret and blue - Wolves being the exception. or beginning with W =)
  • We have waited so long for a penalty that we’ve been kept guessing for months as to who are designated taker actually is in the absence of Noble