Other games, 12/13/14 September

2»

Comments

• Well he has no PL pedigree so not sure it can be said it’s a one off; he has no history of tearing it up at this level
  • Jay, maybe that SA sunshine has affected your sense of humour, I thought it was obvious that I wasn't being serious. =)
  • Jay, maybe that SA sunshine has affected your sense of humour, I thought it was obvious that I wasn't being serious. =)

!!!!..... My sense of humor is twisted at the best of times....& Cape Town is today rather chilly and raining!!!..... =)
  • Everton are another team I'm pretty jelous of atm.
  • Hamstew said:

Everton are another team I'm pretty jelous of atm.

Well we’ve already seen examples of Newcastle and Everton showing fantastic interplay and movement between players who have literally just joined them

And then you have Moyes who has been with this same group of players for 8 months now (even if that did include lockdown), yet they look as though they met each other in the tunnel just before the game and barely want to execute any pass other than amongst defenders

And then Moyes will reel out a narrative along the lines of “our players are capable of better than what they showed” - yeh, no kidding, Sherlock, no kidding.
  • How Bad are Spurs =)
  • #samepointsasspurs #silverliningplaybook
  • my prediction of us spuds and fulham going down still on
  • whupathman
    my prediction of us spuds and fulham going down still on

So West HAM, TottenHAM and FulHAM - I think I see a pattern emerging here. =)
  • whupathman
    my prediction of us spuds and fulham going down still on

So West HAM, TottenHAM and FulHAM - I think I see a pattern emerging here. =)

Crystalham Palace 🤞
  • All kicking off in France. Five red cards in the PSG vs Marseille game 👀
  • I'm massively conflicted right now. After a lifetime of hating Leeds, I found myself cheering them on against Liverpool. Dr. Phil, why is this?
  • Looks like Sheff Utd can't defend either. 2 down after 6 minutes.
  • I wonder if they could suffer from 2nd season syndrome?

Didnt expect Sheffield United to replicate last season, but I still expect them to be safe

But teams in the past have struggled in their 2nd seasons in the Prem, when the other teams have figured them out

That or Wolves are just a quality team (more likely)

Not looking forward to playing them (or any team for that matter)

• I'm going for 2nd season syndrome.
  • As always, the so-called experts are predicting the future season based on a sample of one game. Thought I'd join the parade (based on a sample of one.) ok, all the teams who won will do brilliantly (except Crystal Palace, please note Hamstew) and all the teams who lost will be struggling (except Southampton, who are never allowed to struggle.) And there will be NO DRAWS this season, either - get down to the bookies now!
    This prediction stuff is pretty easy... =)
  • edited September 2020

except Southampton, who are never allowed to struggle

Except for 2019 when they avoided relegation by 5pts
    Or 2018 when it was just 3pts
    Or 2005 when they finished bottom

Or 2008 when they avoided relegation from the Championship by 2pts

Or 2009 when they got relegated from the Championship

Or 2010 when they missed the League 1 playoffs

So far the 21st Century hasn't been a good one for the Saints. Roll on 2099?
  • ASLEF...precisely. But the expert pundits never predict them to struggle. Strange.
  • lids at pens, wonder who wombat is backing
  • and lids lose, apparently a wombat was seen distracting the lids penalty takers
  • Next up Hull.

Excellent news.