Premier League Fixture reveal - 19th August

edited August 2020 in Men's First Team
Ex has reported that the fixture list will be released tomorrow, after the PL confirmed it would be released by the 21st August at the latest.

There has been a ‘leak’, which has shown the following set of opening day fixtures:

Brighton v Sheffield United
Chelsea v Southampton
Everton v Fulham
Leeds v Newcastle
Manchester City v Crystal Palace
Manchester United v Arsenal
Tottenham v Aston Villa
West Brom v Burnley
West Ham v Liverpool
Wolves v Leicester

Now normally ‘leaks’ are fake, & the signs that this is fake is the fact both Manchester clubs have been selected at home (however this could be mitigated by the fact there are no crowds & it could be moved for TV coverage). Secondly, Spurs v Villa was also the opening day last season, plus we only opened against Liverpool two seasons ago.

However, this leak is unusual, because it has come from the official Premier League app (was leaked via fantasy football, when a team was selected by a user & it displayed the fixtures underneath each player).

If true, it continues our run of horror starts against top 6 sides which began in 2014.

Also, the fact it has been brought forward to tomorrow, may indicate the PL are aware there is a correct ‘leak’.

Comments

• If true, why oh why is our opening game always against a top side?
  • There's a 'leak' every year and it's always wrong.
  • There's a 'leak' every year and it's always wrong.

Not a leak from the official premier league
  • Maybe, but I also think it's entirely possible somebody on Twitter or wherever has just faked a screenshot and made it look good.
  • Maybe, but I also think it's entirely possible somebody on Twitter or wherever has just faked a screenshot and made it look good.

One time I faked a whole conversation with my friend and make it look like he was telling me that he had just found a spelling error on his birth certificate, and then tweeted it. Everyone called him Rod instead of Rob for months.
  • Dont mind getting Liverpool first ,Have to play them sooner or later ,Might just get them before they get going .Rather them then WBA,Fulham,or Leeds as they would be up for it in the first few games
  • If it's Liverpool, it's getting beyond a joke. The first game of the previous seasons has been against the following teams:

14/15 Spurs
    15/16 Arsenal
    16/17 Chelsea
    17/18 Man Utd
    18/19 Liverpool
    19/20 Man City

How random is this?
  • Are they out yet ???
  • They are delayed.
  • As the original date was this Friday when are they now delayed to.
  • thorn, Friday, I assume, as there was a report they were gong to be released today?
  • Apparently they were released to the clubs on Monday but some issues came to light so the EPL had to look again.
  • That fixture list...looks like they used the A Level algorithm for it... :p
  • Fixtures out tomorrow. Live on Sky at 9 am
  • Man U, City and Wolves given 30 day break so not likely to start before end of September.
  • Man U, City and Wolves given 30 day break so not likely to start before end of September.

And no doubt they will moan like merry hell when they have extra fixtures to catch up.
  • Expat, some other teams will get a week off with there being 3 sides not playing until late September.
  • edited August 2020
    Ex says our first 5 fixtures are:
    Newcastle (h) - first game
    Arsenal (a)
    Wolves (h)
    Leicester (a)
    Spurs (a)

If true, tough start...
  • edited August 2020
    Newcastle is definitely our opener and we finish home to Saints. Brighton home Boxing Day
  • Lol we have (first 7):

Newcastle (h)
    Arsenal (a)
    Wolves (h)
    Leicester (a)
    Spurs (a)
    Man City (h)
    Liverpool (a)
  • Well, people were saying that we don't want a top six first up so they gave us the entire top six to follow.
  • Cant make it up

Love how the only team missed from that list is the one we did the double over!
  • October looks easy.
  • Nothing is easy for us!
  • Cant make it up

Love how the only team missed from that list is the one we did the double over!

Plus Man Utd, who we took four points off
  • edited August 2020
    Lukerz said:

Lol we have (first 7):

Newcastle (h) - 2-3 L
    Arsenal (a) - 1-0 L
    Wolves (h) 0-2 L
    Leicester (a) 4-1 L
    Spurs (a) 2-0 L
    Man City (h) 0-5 L
    Liverpool (a) 3-2 L

Corresponding fixtures this season yielded 0 points.

So not a lot to lose...
  • October is going to be funky....
    On the bright side the rest of the months are pretty balanced...
    Last season we struggled as the "easier" months were all at the start when we didn't have a GK...
  • edited August 2020
    7 points from those opening six games will do just fine.
  • I fully expect us to lose a few of them, but the way we and other teams ended the season, I don't see much to fear from the first 5 games. I reckon after 7 games we'll be in double figures.
  • Is it just me looking at the last 7 fixtures first and hoping we can get enough points to stay up