Election nightmares

We are only a few hours from casting our vote for the general election and I still do not know who to vote for.

I am struggling like many to trust anyone.

I will vote but am still unsure.

Help

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Which constituency are you in?

I'm Leyton and Wanstead where Labour got 70% of the vote with the Tories in 2nd on 21% and that's unlikely to change
  • South East Cornwall.

Sheryll Murray Conservative. Will need a swing of more than 23 percent for a change.
  • The Lib Dems had it from 1997 to 2010 so probably they have the best shot with tactical voting. Good luck.
  • I’m in a similar predicament. I dislike them all. I thought I would take some colouring pencils with me when I vote, and colour the boxes in. Red in the conservatives box, green in labour etc. I thought that will show them.

Futile, spoiled paper, wasted vote. But statement made.
  • edited December 2019
    Tactical voting is the theme in this election (for a good number of pro-Remain supporters anyway), so if you want rid of the Tories it's recommended to vote for whoever is best placed to do that.

I would like to, but Meon Valley is as blue as you can get so tactical voting is largely pointless down here.

The thought of five more years of Johnson, Gove, Raab and Hancock is horrifying.
  • I thought of spoiling my paper, but will put a cross in a box in the end.
  • Vote what suits you,,
  • Tactical voting is the theme in this election (for a good number of pro-Remain supporters anyway), so if you want rid of the Tories it's recommended to vote for whoever is best placed to do that.

I would like to, but Meon Valley is as blue as you can get so tactical voting is largely pointless down here.

The thought of five more years of Johnson, Gove, Raab and Hancock is horrifying.

We are going for a tactical vote in Christchurch, not that we have a chance of unseating Chris Chope, the bloke who voted against the upskirting bill....
  • Wow moojor didn’t realise we were voting in New Zealand as well :lol:
  • 'upskirting bill' sounds too kinky for me to touch.

#Walking away... Slowly... :phew:
  • Baz, he's mostly known as "Old Bill the Upskirter" round these parts. :yercoat:
  • I am in a safe seat and have a postal vote as I travel a lot. I decided as all spoilt votes have to be read by all parties to agree its spoilt to treat them all to a discourse on modern politics with the pathman view on why non deserve my support , with the odd Shakespearean quote for added pernash
  • Comments re spelling deleted. Even if not meant as a put-down, we've never allowed corrections or pointing out errors. It's just better that way :ok:
  • I am in a safe seat and have a postal vote as I travel a lot. I decided as all spoilt votes have to be read by all parties to agree its spoilt to treat them all to a discourse on modern politics with the pathman view on why non deserve my support , with the odd Shakespearean quote for added pernash

Don’t know about winter of discontent more like a season :lol:
  • My local MP is David Amess, so most people where I live vote for a mess.
  • Cuz, have you been by this shop lately?

:yercoat:
  • Antonio made a video supporting the Tory candidate for West Ham, calling her "my friend". :angry:

Also, so stupid. Labour has 77 % of the vote there in the last election.
  • So you only vote for the winning candidate then? :hmm:
  • How often do people complain about footballers mixing with politics? Antonio's directly got into party politics here. From a personal standpoint, was his 30 second really going to swing a 60% gap? If he really believes it, he could've gone and campaigned for their policies, not his "friend".
  • Outcast,
    It’s not just footballers people complain about getting involved in politics, a lot of celebrities get involved. Personally I don’t wish to know which political party a celebrity/footballer supports, I simply do not need to know.
  • edited December 2019
    I complain about anyone forcing their opinion on others especially facebook associates. Drives me round the twist. Many a cull at election time!

Particular a problem in Scotland where about 90% of friends and associates are SNP so I'm hugely in the minority!
  • edited December 2019
    The big question for me across the pond is...DID upskirt Bill get in??? :hmm:
  • edited December 2019
    Bazshuayi said:

:hmm:
  • Bazshuayi said:

Yes he did once again and just incase anyone doesn't know about this bloke...

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-christopher-chope-mp-at-centre-of-upskirting-bill-row-says-hes-been-made-a-scapegoat-11407685
  • McHammer said:

I complain about anyone forcing their opinion on others especially facebook associates. Drives me round the twist. Many a cull at election time!

Particular a problem in Scotland where about 90% of friends and associates are SNP so I'm hugely in the minority!

That's why i won't discuss politics on here or other west ham forums i go on.i don't mind having my say with other supporters about players,managers and the board because for me that's healthy dialogue but when it's politics,and i have seen it on here before it can very quickly become toxic.
  • Ahh yes, I saw an interview with him relaxing by his poolside in Cuba.... At the Chope Cabana.

#It's been a slow week
  • Vote suze what could go wrong :bowdown: :sub: