• Van Dijk again not tracking his man.

Best defender in the world, they say...
  • Messi :wahoo:

And also :bowdown:
  • :biggrin: :biggrin:
  • edited May 2019
    :biggrin: :biggrin: : :biggrin: one for each goal
  • For Suarez read Milner. Are you sure?
  • Maybe not to the same extent (frankly no-one is), but Milner is a very niggly player who leaves plenty on opposing players
  • Mane diving and putting a hand in a Barca face
  • He didn't dive. Jeez, you are bitter.
  • Nah, I'm not bitter Herbie. Just don't like cheating.

Or Liverpool.
  • To be fair the antics from Barcelona were sickening.

As much as I am not going to lose any sleep over Liverpool losing, a tiny part of me hopes they turn it round.

It was that bad...
  • edited May 2019
    So one is a very niggly player who leaves plenty on opposing players while the other is a very nibbly player who tries to take bits off opposing players.
  • edited May 2019
    Liverpool had many chances to score but probably will miss out , like their strikers did..
    I have to agree I didn't think Barcelona did themselves that much credit ( sounds stupid after a 3-0 win I know )..But I have to agree with their Antics, very poor iMO, & Mrs Grey, I agree about Messi, rolling around like a baby, that was truly pathetic, he doesnt need to act like that with his skill, on last night's result, come on AJAX...
  • I agree with most of the comments re Messi,I was surprised though by some of his antics.I’ve always thought that one of the things(amongst many)that sets him apart from mere mortals was that when he got walloped he just got up and got on with it.
    Still a tidy player though,If he keeps that up he could get his dream move to an athletics bowl.
  • I did enjoy the Darren Fletcher (BT commentator) remark after the last minute breakaway that nearly made it 4-0.
    "That miss keeps the tie alive", or words to that affect. :doh: or :lol: Can't make my mind up. :hmm:
  • This game is dead. There is no way Liverpool are coming back from that.
  • edited May 2019
    Hamstew said:

This game is dead. There is no way Liverpool are coming back from that.

Oh how dreadful :biggrin:

Whatever will the meejah do now
  • Slacker, your last sentence sounds like a Spud on the wind-up. :hmm:
  • Slacker, your last sentence sounds like a Spud on the wind-up. :hmm:

Ooh I’ve been called some things in my time but THAT.....THAT?!I demand redress sir!
  • edited May 2019

Pistols at dawn. :lol:
  • Bamford gets a 2 match ban so misses first leg of playoffs. Talking to my friend from Yorkshire this morning and he said local talk in Leeds is that fans hope he gets a 4 game ban and then they won’t ever have to suffer watching him again.
  • edited May 2019
    Apparently, according to the BC match coverage of tonight's Europa League games, at the Frankfurt stadium
    the fans have ripped seats out of the stand and chucked them on to the side of the pitch so they can stand

:nonono:
  • The knee slide that proves why knee slides are stupid

• Unai Emery has something of the night about him, don't you think?
  • edited May 2019
    MrsGrey, I don't know about that as I haven't seen it, but today, as I was cutting the grass, the phrase "something of the night about him" came into my head.
    How spooky is that, and then I thought that it would make a good trivial pursuit question - who said it and about whom.
    Answer: AW about MH

• Looks nothing like Pam
  • I always think he looks like that chap in the film Ghost who parades around the subway.