Chelsea (H) - 23 Sept 18 1:30pm ko - Match Thread

Comments

• Chicago he was rested tonight not Sunday.
  • Oops, comprehension lesson needed, maybe he will have a long rest ;wink
  • Chicago wants to lethally inject him me thinks lol
  • edited September 2018
    Oh dear. Lawro has given us a 2-1 win. Not good.

The bookies like 1-1 or 2-1, 2-0, 1-0 to Chelsea, all on around 7/1.

I'd be happy with a point but then I said the same thing last week. Actually I think I've said the same thing every week this season. And possibly every week for the last 40 years...
  • Feeling quietly confident of nicking something

They have max points but they dont exactly look THAT good and they've had a fairly nice start fixture wise

Hazard is always the danger man,and we did fantastically last year shutting him down

Only problem I see is Yarmolenko didn't track back that much, which may leave zab (or fredericks) exposed against Hazard & Alonso (who is arguably their 2nd biggest creative outlet so far)
  • Oh dear. Lawro has given us a 2-1 win. Not good.

The bookies like 1-1 or 2-1, 2-0, 1-0 to Chelsea, all on around 7/1.

I'd be happy with a point but then I said the same thing last week. Actually I think I've said the same thing every week this season. And possibly every week for the last 40 years...

Yes me too
  • Is that a 7- 1 Chelsea win? ;weep
  • We are fine, suz started the thread :)
  • ;biggrin

A thrilling score draw ;wahoo
  • It will be thrilling if we nick the equaliser late on. ;wahoo

Less thrilling if we concede the equaliser late on. ;weep
  • I'll take the first option please ;biggrin
  • Not sure if it is Pelle's style but maybe man marking Hazard is the answer. Rice would be the obvious candidate but he was great in front of the back 4 last week. If he does this then Obiang and Noble have to drop back more and we would play on the counter attack. But this might be a price worth paying to nullify Hazard.
  • Don't worry about Hazard ,Billy bonds and Bobby moore will soon sort him out ...................oh ya I forgot another time long gone ;weep
  • Have him come to the Bobby Moore stand 15 minutes before kick off.
    We can arrange for him to be marked.
  • MrsGrey said:

It will be thrilling if we nick the equaliser late on. ;wahoo

I’d take either option right now.
  • MrsGrey said:

It will be thrilling if we nick the equaliser late on. ;wahoo

And even more thrilling if we then nick the winner later on. ;biggrin
  • A goal of the season contender will be scored by a man in claret and blue. You heard it here first.
  • A goal of the season contender will be scored by a man in claret and blue. You heard it here first.

You mean to say that just because nobody saw it it doesn't mean it didn't happen? ;wink
  • Preston, apart from us, Aston Villa, Burnley, Scunthorpe United, Drogheda United, Galway United, Trabzonspor and Castleberry Hill AC all play in claret and blue so I think you need to be a little more specific. ;biggrin
  • Gonna be out of the relegation places on Monday even if we lose ;biggrin
  • Even better 14th if we win
  • Cuz1 said:

Even better 14th if we win

At least 13th if we win, maybe (although unlikely) even 12th.
  • Just saw the table buffy sorry your right 13th is better though
  • Matchday ;wahoo
    Just pulling the sofa forward to make a bit more room behind it
  • edited September 2018
    If we try to go toe to toe with Chelsea and play them at their own game then I fear for us. I wonder if Pelle has it in him to play a different way?
  • We are gonna win....if Arnie plays

Attack on the break at pace with our front 3 there is always a chance like last year
  • I can see that giving us a chance Champo. Needs concentration, hard work defensively and a bit of luck. Teams should be out soon so we will know about Arne.
  • couple of red cards for Chelsea wont hurt ;biggrin
  • Arnie is out
This discussion has been closed.