Wolves (H) - 01/09/2018 at 3pm - Match Thread

Comments

• We look for all the world to be relegation certs. Our next defeat avoiding game will be Macclesfield but our first PL point may come in November. I can see us being about 10-12 points come Christmas if this is how we continue to play.
    Some of our football is much better but desire and basic skills are woeful.
  • Chelsea and United in our next 2 home games.....

Honestly getting to the point where I'd like to get relegated so I don't have to watch this rubbish every week....but if we do we will disappear with that ghastly stadium
  • We rarely looked like scoring. Poor performance. Arnautovic never had much service and midfiled too ponderous.

Pellegrini has now had ten or so games (24 EPL plus 6 or so pre-season and how is it that he still does not his best side or has not worked out what each player's capabilities are or what system would gel the team. May be he lost his sparkle when he was in China. How many more games does he need? Wolves were not great but always looked more likely to score. Losing becomes a habit and it is hard to see where the next EPL point is coming from.
  • Almost bought tickets for this game. Looks like I got lucky.
  • Well I hope the players have a good two week break .I will be 60 this month surported them all my life but now thinking of taking a break myself for the rest of what life I have left ,there must be better things to do then invest time with this laughing stock .Like climb a mountain ,take a world cruise .or just sit and smell the roses
  • After the Bournemouth game I was hoping for some points from this one - looking likely we will be 0 points after seven games, is that the worst ever? Has anyone come back from that sort of start?

Answers on a postcard please to: Board of Directors, WHU.
  • Didn’t palace lose all their fist 7 game last year without scoring?
  • Yes they did, nut surely we can't expect the same
  • So much for my gut feeling. It looked like another 11 strangers wandered in and put on the West Ham shirt and decided to have a kick about.
  • Next Five PL Games - Everton Away, Chelsea home, Man U home, B&H Albion away, Spuds home - based on current performance how many points do you think we will get?

Unless something drastic happens over the international break to turn things around.
  • There’s absolutely no movement off the ball so we end up playing a terrible pass that instantly puts us under pressure. I’m all for being patient whilst the team gels and the system clicks but I’m not even sure what system we’re trying to play!!
  • The team is going to get booed next home game when they go behind.
  • edited September 2018
    We look really disorganised and the defence as they are will hardly ever keep a clean sheet in my view, whilst teams with a much lesser squad on paper are picking up points by being very organised.

I still hold to him needing more time but I am beginning to at least fear Pelle's ability to spot the problem and find a solution. My fear is that like the best players he went to China for a last pay day and just as you wouldn't bring Wayne Rooney back in a couple of years perhaps Pelle was better being left there.

I fear the money was not well spent at present and his ability to evaluate what he has, for I can't really see how Rice is not playing.
  • Ah...I think I won’t start another match thread for a long time...
  • The players look as motivated as Pellers. I dont see this ending well.
  • I think a big issue is that we are playing two CBs who clearly prefer to play on the right hand side of a pairing. They keep shifting too far across the pitch and leaving the left back totally isolated and exposed.

I don't rate Balbuena at all based on what I've seen so far. I think Fredericks had an awful game but he was one of many who did.

I'd like to see a regular back six of:

Fabianski; Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Cresswell; Rice
  • The bloke keeps changing his team. He has no idea who he should be playing in his next game let alone what formation. He ain't got a scooby!
  • I think Pellegrini had the right formation and even the right players on the pitch (this was close to our best lineup, imo).

The problem we had today was that 10 players, who earn probably at least £2m a year, couldn’t do one of the simplest things in football - pass the ball 5 or 10 yards to a teammate.
  • Hamstew

The team was unchanged from the Arsenal game, apart from Masuaku, who may have picked up a knock today or yesterday.
  • edited September 2018
    Yeah I get that but that doesn't mean he knows who his best team is. Imo I think it's obvious he doesn't. Especially if he keeps picking Antonio and Rice hardly gets a game ;ok
  • Also worrying the fitness levels

We looked shattered from the second half onwards, Arnie, Anderson, Fredericks, Antonio were all walking around the pitch & yarmo looked exhausted in a half a game of football
  • That’s because we had to run around twice as much as them to get the ball back we’ve just given them.
  • Lets pray he starts, hes so important for us

• I’ve been supporting for over 60 years. Not worried all I’ve seen it all. We will improve and from what I’ve seen believe we will finish in the top half. Despite today’s absolutely useless display. I think I could be described as optimistic or deluded. lol
  • And Munich said my comments made Eeyore look cheerful on the Wimbledon thread.
    The truth is I have always been honest in what I see and don’t look at games through rose tinted glasses .
    We play poor football and cannot play as a team . All that money spent and in my view we are getting worse and worse.
    It’s pointless trying to talk about what is wrong at this club as nothing ever seems to change.

God knows what goes on behind the scenes at this club but it is a total shambles.
  • My six year old is still singing bubbles in the bath. Poor kid.
  • We could do a Tottenham and have 2 points after eight games and finish top half. ;lol
  • Love him or hate him big Sam when called upon worked on sorting the defence out first. We can have all the attacking threats you want but it will invariably come to nothing if we can't keep the goals out at the other end of the pitch. I make no apologies for mentioning the fact we haven't got the decent defensive midfielder who might have helped avoid some of the goals we have conceded. This season is the first time I can remember where I haven't been down when we have lost which is really sad IMHO, maybe I have seen the light?
  • I'm more embarrassed than anything
This discussion has been closed.