Carabao Cup Thread - H draw v Spurs in next round Weds 31 Oct

Comments

• Can't see a complete overhaul but he will deffo make a good few changes

Adrian
    Fredericks Balbuena Oggy Cressy
    Obiang Sanchez Rice
    Snodgrass Perez Anderson
  • I'm torn. I really don't want to risk key players getting injured with Man U at the weekend, but I also want to see us challenge for the cups.

I don't think Antonio or Yarma are fit enough to play tomorrow and Sunday, and Rice is too important to our formation for him to be risked, IMO. With Wilshere already injured, losing Obiang or Noble would seriously hamper our choices for the weekend so I think Pelle needs to be careful with his line up.
  • You have to feel sorry for Phil Jones....not. ;lol
  • OCS
    We have had problems a few times with teams we were expected to beat!

• I arrive at Heathrow 11am. Got tickets on the halfway line top tier near the front.

Jet lag-a-go-go!!?
  • Our youngsters by all accounts tear it up on league one. Josh Cullen is already getting motm performances at charlton.
    No reason why the youngsters cannot do it against a pumped up league two side.

Adrian

Fredericks. ??? Ogbonna. Cresswell

??? Sanchez. ???

Snodgrass. Hernandez. Perez

Fill the ??? With youngsters.
  • Yeold, are these the Question-Marks Brothers who I've heard so much of? ;biggrin
  • The u21s played last night against Exeter and lost which included Oxford & Lewis who was probs closest to playing

Holland, Silva and Pask were all injured

So I don't think we at likely to see some youngsters

• edited September 2018
    From the match report:

The Hammers fielded a very young side in the south west due to a combination of two things; injuries, of which there were a number, and absentees who could be involved with the first team on Wednesday for their Carabao Cup encounter against Macclesfield Town.

“The big positive this week is that we have players involved with the first team tomorrow
    , so that’s a big positive from the Academy’s perspective,” Manning reflected.

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/september/25-september/youngsters-didnt-grasp-opportunity-exeter-clash-according#XzUaoVppP1oOYQid.99
  • Stand corrected ;ok

Lets hope we see a couple
  • ;ok I was going to see if I could work out from the team sheet etc who might be involved, but I ran out of time. (And bovvered, if I'm honest!) Decided to wait and see, and hope for nice surprise ;biggrin
  • When I think of the brightest youngsters in the team I think Holland, Silva, Oxford, Cullen, Neuville, Samuelsen, Browne and Sead

The last 5 of those are on loan (i think), Oxford played so it leaves Sead and Holland (who may be injured or may have been rested for tonight)

Couldnt tell you who else has been 'rested'
  • Holland and Silva are injured, I know that much.

Samuelsen, Haksabanovic, Browne and Cullen are on loan.

Neufville not sure about, and Oxford played last night.

So from what I have seen of the U23s this season, it looks like Grady Diangana, Joe Powell, Josh Pask, Dan Kemp, Conor Coventry and Moses Makasi may be in with a shout tonight.
  • Some players are going to be rested for the weekend but if things are going wrong we seem to have enough strength on the bench without having to risk any of the youngsters:

Adrian
    Zabaleta - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Antonio - Noble - Sanchez
    Perez - Hernandez - Anderson

Subs:
    San Miguel - Girod - Gonzalez - Morena - Lucas - Gutierrez - Pereira Gomes
  • Ade who is this Gutierrez?
  • Ade who is this Gutierrez?

Balcazar. With all of the Central and South American players we have signed over the years it's easy to get confused. I presume that at least one of them is still with is.

• Or if neither of them are, I say let's give one of the kids a chance.
  • Typical a friend has a spare ticket for tonight and I am at home having reacted to my flu jab and cannot get out of bed for long :(
  • Typical a friend has a spare ticket for tonight and I am at home having reacted to my flu jab and cannot get out of bed for long :(

I hear ya. Got back from Morocco on Sunday and haven’t got off the toilet. Was really looking forward to tonight. I guess Liverpool v Chelsea will have to suffice
  • Carabao Cup Thread ReOpened - (H) Macclesfeild - 26.09.18

Going to keep this for these cup games.

Thanks, Suzanne.

Anyone know if this will be available through streaming?
  • I've looked around. It's not being broadcast anywhere apart from 1 obscure Chinese channel, so almost 100% there won't be a stream.
  • Looks like it's radio of text updates.
  • Is diangana a winger or AM?

Pretty strong team though with a couple options off the bench
  • Sweepy, a tad too much information methinks. ;wink
  • Dianaga playing as a number 10?

4-2-3-1?
  • Happy with that team should be good enough having said that we never do it easy so a scrappy 1-0 win
This discussion has been closed.