London Stadium Season 3 (2018/19)

Comments

• edited March 2019
    image4BA8A9D9-8432-41E4-9321-3B93BA3D357C

And people thought the gaps to the pitch at our ground were big ;clap
  • Season ticket prices going up, not that much of a surprise really, when you don’t make the proposed £9m extra a season that helped sell the move then you’ve got to do something especially when you’ve got interest on loans to pay
  • You seem to have lost one of these ;ok

'Some'
  • edited March 2019
    Now where would that “some” be inserted in my paragraph - honest question I don’t know??

West Ham Adult founder price rises 1966 £1,200 (£100 / 9% increase) Band 1 £975 (£76 / 8.4% increase) Band 2 £865 (£66 / 8.2% increase) Band 3 £655 (£56 / 9.3% increase) Band 4 £555 (£56 / 11.2% increase) Band 5 £320 (£31 / 10.7% increase)
  • Insert at the start ;biggrin

Kids season tickets in Bands 4 and 5 are staying the same, again.
  • Ha ha sorry you had me there ....

;biggrin

;doh

How about ‘most’
  • This isn’t mine, but it isn’t good either!!

B0EBA6A4-0547-4188-A73E-8C3150A665C7
    0AD8AC1A-3EB0-4B0A-BDD6-6937D26D8A4C
  • Slav, looks as if they want to play to a half empty stadium next season. ;whistle
  • Just making sure they get shot of all those non-Hammer +2's ...
  • Just making sure they get shot of all those non-Hammer +2's ...

I did wonder that
  • Getting shot of an old hammer too.

Band 4 £555 (£56 / 11.2% increase) for me and the renewal dead line date being brought forward to May 17th means I am unable to renew my season ticket.

I've usually paid for my season ticket with May's wages, I can't afford to pay for it with March's or April's.

/end
  • That's such a shame, Suz.

I still don't see why we moved stadium.
  • I do, after a fashion. But it was not handled well at the start. I think the club are doing better now.

But moving the renewal dead line date by 2 weeks is unnecessary. The club have the OSB to help consult with fans but chose not to over this.
  • Aren’t they doing a payment plan.
  • Yes. The interest rate is ;weep
  • Having a quick look at the website you can do a four payment scheme and the fee is £30 would that be any help to you ?
  • I’ll check it out, thanks ;hug
  • Getting shot of an old hammer too.

Band 4 £555 (£56 / 11.2% increase) for me and the renewal dead line date being brought forward to May 17th means I am unable to renew my season ticket.

I've usually paid for my season ticket with May's wages, I can't afford to pay for it with March's or April's.

/end

And this is the kind of thing that bothers me, what possible factors would lead them to bring this forward, are they that cash poor?

Such a shame to see this Suz
  • edited March 2019
    Maybe it's to do with that now there are even more ST holders (with the increase in capacity) and the inevitable wish of people to move seats so they can sit with friends, it will take even longer than last time to get each band renewed, identify empty seats, allow movers and shakers to move around... then on to the next band, and so on. It's quite a big (and time consuming) project. Maybe they found that the time allowed last year wasn't really enough, so they are building in an extra 2 weeks?

Just speculating, but that is a plausible reason.
  • Suz, would it be possible to get a temporary overdraft from your bank? I'm sure you are a valued customer of excellent reputation! ;biggrin
  • If that was the case why not communicate that to the fanbase?

You can come up with a load of plausible reasons for why they may have done this for both the renewal deadline & the price rises, but an open letter, personal letter or statement on the website would have done the job.
  • edited March 2019
    I'm not taking a loan and I'm not paying interest.

I balance my money carefully because I have too. I am a public sector working living in London.

The price increase I can cope with, just. I will not get my hair highlighted for another 3 months. These, whilst trivial to some, are the kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul decisions some season ticket holders have to make.

As a long term season ticket holder (with a long payment / renewal history) it could have been easily communicated to me 'if you are renewing you have until 31st May, but please let us know by May 17th and your seat will the held' or pay some now to hold the seat as long as its all paid up by May 31st...

Two weeks to me is the difference between being a ST holder and not. How much difference can it really make to the club?
  • Suz, maybe talk to booking office, about flexibility in payment. If they don't then these are not really business people. I would be really annoyed if no flexibility shown.
    I have enjoyed my 1st season as a ST holder. We will be renewing, but will try to move nearer to friends,
  • I have contacted the OBS rep for my stand but have had no response.

I will phone the ticket office later and ask about flexibility.
  • I am sorry to hear about this, it does smack of clumsy communication and more importantly I feel that it is penny pinching.

Given the huge signing fees and “wages” footballers recieve, tickets sales represent a relatively minor role in the clubs overall revenue and I feel there must be room to make football more affordable.

This is a general comment on football, not targeted at WHU specifically.

• Suz I just wonder if it is worth sending some extracts from the posts on here directly to Karen Brady, or the board generally, if you can find a way of making contact. I’m sure they will want to avoid negativity where possible. I'm also sure that you are not alone in your situation and perhaps, giving them the benefit of the doubt, they haven’t realised the impact this change is having on supporters.
  • Whitehorse

I have emailed the OBS rep for my stand but have had no response.

• edited March 2019
    Suze, you're more than likely in a rather long queue.