Bonzo or Sir Trev - if you could only pick one...

2»

Comments

• I assume he is now languishing behind 11 - 4, unlikely to come back from that

I know, I know ;wink
  • Billy Bonds. He was Trevor's bodyguard
    coyi
  • edited February 2018
    Billy Bonds everytime. I dedicated my PhD thesis to Bonzo (and London Pride) but was told by my supervisor to remove it. It's still in my own personal copy though. Maybe I can sneak into University of London Library and stick it back in the dedications page.
  • ;lol ;star ;bowdown
  • ;quaver We all agree - Trevor Brooking 'was' magic ;quaver
  • Trev. Brilliant creator, scorer of headed Wembley goal (you all know the one), manager in a crisis. West Ham through and through (not saying BB wasn't, of course.) Who would your third favourite Hammer be?
  • edited February 2018
    Trev for me.
  • Devonshire.

He wasn’t in the choice ;whistle
  • Cuz1 said:

Devonshire.

Who would your third favourite Hammer be?
  • So a thread of it's own deserves a quick recap.

Seems like Trev has made a bit of comeback...

13-7

The people voting for Devonshire (you know who you are....) make you own thread....
    ;run
  • I've met Bill at a local fitness club of mine and he is a lovely bloke. Quite shy but has some very funny stories. Puts the attitude of some modern players to shame.

Epitomises the west ham way for me.

A real tryer and always put it about on the field. I for one love that in a player.

Bonzo for me ;ok
  • edited February 2018
    Ok....

Trevor Brooking and Billy Bonds.

My summing up...

Aside from the different football attributes (and I am not disputing Billy is a West Ham legend) just one thing needs to be said in my final pleadings m'lords and ladies...

One played and managed West Ham
    One played and managed West Ham.... AND Millwall

Feel free to alter your Billy to Trevor votes without shame or comeback ;whistle
  • Cuz1 said:

Devonshire.

Who would your third favourite Hammer be?
    Thought original was bonds or brooking lol just saying
  • Trevor Brooking for me. Pure class. My Mum ;poppy also thought he was extremely dishy. Not a word in common usage now, I believe the word "fit" is the word one uses currently if down with the kids.
  • Bit late to this party but have to go for Bonzo grew up watching both both great players but when I was in the school yard I was always Billy bonds ;bowdown
  • Sir Trev for me. Very first avatar on here, and still my avatar on the Vanilla forum.
  • 15-10

Trev is having a good day...
  • edited February 2018
    Trev was brilliant,he used to glide over the pitch and he could split a defence with one pass BUT billy was a true leader and motivator,great tackler and he had a terrific shot on him so billy,my all time favourite player gets my vote.
  • IMG_20180202_160440

One of Sledge's old shirts - must count as a vote ;poppy
  • Nice one Brother sledge think that should count as two ;ok
  • 16-12.....

;poppy
  • edited February 2018
    Hard to choose one over the other as they were both great players and very loyal to the club, but if I must it would have to be those silky skills of Trevor.
  • It has to be Billy for me obvs.

What if Trev had a beard?
  • Billy for me, had something that few men possess let alone on a football field. quiet and modest with it off the field also.
  • Nuf said !! 17-14
  • Originally Martin Peters, until his treasonous act. But Trevor Brooking has such class and was truly a one club man.