Liverpool (H) who will leak the least (4th November match thread)

Comments

• Oh god.

Means we’re gonna have Antonio there throwing a strop. ;wink
  • Take three injured centre backs.

Add one injured and one suspended right back.

Mix with a generous scoop of Coutinho, Salah and Firminho.

Recipe for disaster, this.
  • On a brighter note, after yesterday evening’s games, do we have some sort of a right to proclaim we are better than Real Madrid? ;hmm
  • edited November 2017
    OCS - Coutinho's injured too, I think.

Wijnaldum hurt his ankle last night too.
  • MrsGrey said:

Coutinho's injured too, I think.

We're only going to lose by a two goal margin now ;wahoo
  • edited November 2017
    ;lol

That's the spirit ;thumbsup
  • I too am injured and may miss the match. I have a severe case of despondency and am unsure of the cure and how long I will be out for.
  • Take three injured centre backs.

Add one injured and one suspended right back.

Mix with a generous scoop of Coutinho, Salah and Firminho.

Recipe for disaster, this.

Just for once the karma has to work in our favour. If you heard this about a team we were playing you would just know their make shift defence would have the best game of their lives.
    So I'm going for a totally shutout. We put 4 past them.
  • Fernandes can play RB/RWB I believe. I don't think he is a great player as it is even when playing in his natural CM position but as things are looking pretty desperate at the back we may be forced to play him at right wing back. Only thing I like about Fernandes is that he's got quite a good powerful long range shot on him.
  • I think we’d have been resoundingly slaughtered even with a full-strength squad, so don’t think any of this makes much difference.
  • If we can keep them to 3 I'll take that
  • Lukerz said:

Oh god.

Means we’re gonna have Antonio there throwing a strop. ;wink

Nope. Our backup to our backup is injured. Evening Standard says Antonio is out.
  • Owned! #usnotthem
  • I will of course be watching this one but will be planning to take the same stance that I took when watching Doctor Who ;sofa
  • RWB is probably between Kouyate and Fernandes then
  • So...

Hart
    Kouyate Rice Ogbonna
    Fernandes Noble Obiang Cresswell/Masuaku
    Ayew Hernandez Lanzini

Adrian, Pike, Pask, Quina, Holland, Arnautovic, Carroll

;hmm
  • Blimey lads!!

“Keep em to 3”
    “Slaughtered”

What is that all about? We’ve got about 5/6 injuries now, which unfortunately we should all be used to and is fairly standard for us.

They’ve got a few missing as well, this just needs a gutsy display from the lads, yeah if you let them play especially Firmino, Sturridge and Salah they can be decent, but let’s give it a right old go eh, we may surprise ourselves

coyi
  • Reid is at least training, judging by WH Instagram ;pray
  • Cresswell too (not clear if he's in full training with the squad though. A clip on the club site ;ok

They don't half look cold! ;lol
  • ;nonono COLD, At school if we were cold ,told to run faster,work harder, ;whistle
  • ... and get injured. ;wahoo
  • ;hmm they did seem to drop like flys
  • edited November 2017
    Reid and Cress fit. Fonte, Collins Zabaleta, Byram and Antonio all out.

So we’re looking at:

Hart
    Kouyate - Reid - Ogbonna
    Fernandes - Noble - Obiang - Lanzini - Cresswell
    Ayew
    Chicharito

Adrian, Rice, Masuaku, Arnautovic, Carroll and two kids on the bench.
  • Wot no Sakho on the bench?

Pike is the U23 RB. Not saying he'll play, but I looked it up, so thought I'd share nicely. ;biggrin
  • Mrs Grey, "a clip on the club site." Is that the same as a walk on the wild side? ;biggrin
  • Mrs Grey, "a clip on the club site." Is that the same as a walk on the wild side? ;biggrin

With Lou Reed on vocals ;lol
  • Expat, surely that would be Winston Reid (spelling) on vocals ;biggrin
  • Lukerz said:

Reid and Cress fit. Fonte, Collins Zabaleta, Byram and Antonio all out.

So we’re looking at:

Hart
    Kouyate - Reid - Ogbonna
    Fernandes - Noble - Obiang - Lanzini - Cresswell
    Ayew
    Chicharito

Adrian, Rice, Masuaku, Arnautovic, Carroll and two kids on the bench.

Bilic has said there won't be any youngsters in the squad other than Rice. (Which i find hugely disappointing) - says we're going with experience ;doh

Im guessing Sakho will be on the bench. No idea who else we have.
  • I find that very disappointing too. The experienced pros have done very little to warrant inclusion, imo
  • edited November 2017
    Doesn't want to replicate #LambsToTheSlaughter

;wink

"The best way to put the young players in is in a very comfortable situation. The experienced players have to get us through the situation and then we can look at the young players." he says.

Personally, the more I think about this injury crisis, and Liverpool, is that I would actually play a player who knows RB, in Pike.

He'll probably do as well there as someone who doesn't the know the position (even if they have the advantage of strength/size/seniority).

I don't expect much out of this game, particularly now we don't really have a defence.

I might look for ways to minimise Salah's impact - he's very quick BUT there often isn't an end product. And look for ways to exploit Moreno's flakiness. I'd start AC. Liverpool's available defenders aren't all that great, a bit makeshift, and a bit unreliable. So I think they will be easily unsettled. #attackattackattack ;wahoo
This discussion has been closed.