FA Cup 2018/19 3rd round (and 4th round draw)

Comments

• That was a great watch. ;clap
  • So that will be six Prem teams out, including Wolves or Liverpool, with two facing tricky replays. What are the odds we get City away in the next round? ;weep
  • IronHerb said:

So that will be six Prem teams out, including Wolves or Liverpool, with two facing tricky replays. What are the odds we get City away in the next round? ;weep

FA warming up Man City ball as we speak ;lol
  • Grey, noticed that too, even pointed it out to my wife ;wink
  • Always baffles me as to why teams like Leicester & Bournemouth didn’t play their best 11’s. Ok Leicester selected a relatively strong side, but still left out a host of first team players, whereas a lot of Bournemouth’s side was unrecognisable to the team that has played all season. Just don’t understand why neither would go more or less full strength.
  • https://whufc.com/news/articles/2019/january/04-january/young-hammer-neufville-joins-newport-county-loan

Had a good match against Leicester, good to see young Hammers performing well on Loan.
  • I agree Lukerz, B'mouth and Leicester are in the same position as us in very unlikely to get drawn into a relegation scrap nor break top 5 or 6, so why not prioritise FA Cup?

I hope and expect Pelle to field our best team in each cup tie now even if it means resting in a league match. We have a real shout this season as we have a side that can beat anyone outside the top four or five and what we lack against those sides is evened up potentially by them resting due to chasing greater prizes such as Champions league, Premiership or champions league qualification.

As an example I want Fabianski in goal next round. I love Adrian and he was great yesterday when called upon but Fab is the better keeper, if he needs a rest let Adrian play the match before the cup tie, not the tie itself. I don't want a keeper lacking pitch time brought in and if making a game changing mistake it causing Pelle to say 'well it's only fair he gets a chance', this isn't Sunday league this is about winning big matches.

How much do we still remember 1980, it's got to be worth prioritising it this season, and I doubt Leicester fans will be warmed this evening knowing some of their bigger names will be more rested when they play Southampton next Saturday.

Come on Pelle bring home some silver this season.......... You know what, I think he just might.
  • edited January 2019
    Draw numbers, we're no. 22. Hoping for no. 2, its been seven years since we last played them so they're overdue a reminder of who is the better team.

1. Bolton Wanderers
    2. Millwall
    3. Gillingham
    4. Brentford
    5. Sheffield Wednesday or Luton Town
    6. Manchester United
    7. Everton
    8. Tottenham Hotspur
    9. Doncaster Rovers
    10. Newcastle United or Blackburn Rovers
    11. Chelsea
    12. Crystal Palace
    13. Derby County or Southampton
    14. Accrington Stanley
    15. Bristol City
    16. Newport County
    17. Oldham Athletic
    18. Shrewsbury Town or Stoke City
    19. Arsenal
    20. Manchester City
    21. Brighton & Hove Albion
    22. West Ham United
    23. Watford
    24. Burnley
    25. Queens Park Rangers
    26. Barnet
    27. Portsmouth
    28. AFC Wimbledon
    29. West Bromwich Albion
    30. Middlesbrough
    31. Wolverhampton Wanderers or Liverpool
    32. Swansea City
  • Gills away please
  • I'd like to take my kids again so would rather not Millwall. Anyone in the championship and downwards at home please.
  • Gills away please

That would be my choice too.

Been ages since I stood in the Brian Moore temporary stand in fear of the thing collapsing ;biggrin
  • I was brought up by Wimbledon's old ground in Plough lane ( I'm sure a few of you went there! ). I used to go there as a nipper with my late dad and brother back in the southern league days.AFC the TRUE Wimbledon! are moving back to the area and redeveloping the old speedway / dog stadium. I'd like us to draw them at the London stadium. it would earn them a few quid which is much in need.
  • Used to go to Wimbledon speedway when I was a lad.
  • Can't say I have any fond memories of Plough Lane or Wimbledon, possibly the worst ground I've ever visited and the nastiest team we've ever played against.

Can't say anything about the fans as I've never actually met one...
  • My dad is a Wimbledon fan having grown up in the area. Went all through the rise through the divisions, and it sounds pretty fun tbh.
  • edited January 2019

Gills away please

That would be my choice too.

Been ages since I stood in the Brian Moore temporary stand in fear of the thing collapsing ;biggrin
    Not Joking the away end is still just scaffolding. Went to the Gills last year.
    Would recommend a Chicken Balti pie though nomnomnom ;porkpie
  • ;biggrin ;ok

We were jumping up and down so much the stand was moving.

It had been snowing all day and we couldn't see the goal at the other end, had no idea we had scored until our players ran out of the mist with their arms up celebrating. ;lol

It was great fun.
  • ;lol ;wahoo
  • Not sure how they get away as a League One club with that scaffolding. I'm surprised its not breaching some kind of Health and Safety law.
  • I know it's of little consolation but if we draw No.6 at least we will be on tv. ;wink
  • Not sure how they get away as a League One club with that scaffolding. I'm surprised its not breaching some kind of Health and Safety law.

If the scaffolding is constructed properly, regularly checked and maintained its fine.

• If the scaffolding is constructed properly, regularly checked and maintained its fine.

If

;wink
  • It would not be given a safety licence otherwise.

#dayjob #elf&safety
  • So Suze, who maintains the construction and who checks it?
  • Bubbles

Don't think Suze meant she works for them...
  • Bubbles

Don't think Suze meant she works for them...

Yeah suz,,, ;hmm
    Works for a big insurance company
    Also structure engineer,, does working heights,,,, I get one on the tower crane I am working on,
    Example
    Mr joe worth turns up
    Kicks bottom of crane ,,, no rust,,, does free slew work ,,, sign here
    ;lol
  • My word the Wolves v Liverpool game is terrible.

Up until Wolves scored the most exciting moment was the Lovern injury two minutes in.
  • The studio team seems to have trouble counting to 3.
  • edited January 2019
    Wol 2-1 Liv with 20 mins to go.